Jeff Spira boat plans

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Boat mad rich, Jul 3, 2022.

1. nerplancollecter

nerplancollecter Junior Member

6_15_23 plan list (1).jpg 6_15_23 plan list (2).jpg 6_15_23 plan list (3).jpg 6_15_23 plan list (4).jpg 6_15_23 plan list (5).jpg 6_15_23 plan list (1).jpg 6_15_23 plan list (2).jpg 6_15_23 plan list (1).jpg

There's not many I don't have prolly a handful not listed star means available comes with Manuals and extras pack. Send me an email

As far as key west I believe I have jpeg photos not the actual pdf file

2. ClaudeAlmighty

ClaudeAlmighty Junior Member

I think there is a mistake on the Pacific Power Dory list. Between Tillamook and Winchester it reads, "Anacapa". I believe that should be the Albion instead.

3. ClaudeAlmighty

ClaudeAlmighty Junior Member

Thanks!

4. JMCrutch

JMCrutch New Member

Good morning folks,
    I am new to the site. My son and I are hoping to build the 24' Key Largo. Does anyone know where we can obtain those Spira plans? We just found his YouTube site and found that he passed away. Sorry to hear this news. Seemed like a great guy on the videos.

5. captainsquarters

captainsquarters New Member

I was planning on building one of his designs after we built our house and it seems a bit too late. Could you pass this design along if you have it or anyone for that matter? I'm ready to start building soon and would like the flat bottom pacific power dory design. the "19' [5.8 M] Albion Pacific Power Dory" or ideally the "23' [7 M] Winchester Pacific Power Dory", but at this point can't complain about options.

6. nerplancollecter

nerplancollecter Junior Member

7. Bison

Bison New Member

Be cautious with nerplancollecter. I think I've wasted my money on a set of plans. Plenty of response up til payment, now nothing.

8. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

9. Bison

Bison New Member

I would be very interested in those plans. I have been wanting to build the 55' Carolina Dory "Tanuki". I'm thinking maybe I would be able to use those plans to draw up some of my own.

I've purchased 4 of Spira's plans over the years and just now found out that Jeff Spira had passed away and the website is gone. Quite a loss for me. I spend quite a bit of time on his website dreaming about plans back when I was building boats. Now getting back into it and finding this out just guts me.

10. Gnarly

Gnarly New Member

I have both these plans , the only caveat is the winchester plans are metric. Send me a pm with your email address and I'll try to respond promptly

11. Walt Hansen

Walt Hansen New Member

Started building the Spira 20' Caladesi Carolina Dory a couple of years ago (I only have limited sporadic time), and have enjoyed the hell out of it. Should be done in the spring.

I have a CAD background, and have found some of the elements of the plans to be somewhat lacking in detail. Plus, there are many advantages to using 3D modeling to provide better visualization. So, using my years of experience with 3D CAD, I've begun converting the 2D to 3D. It's actually pretty good at showing what the build will look like.

Attached Files:

12. Walt Hansen

Walt Hansen New Member

I totally agree.

13. Robert Hamlett

Robert Hamlett New Member

I am so sad to hear that Mr. Spira passed away he sounds like he had the perfect product for me. I am from Monroe Michigan just a few miles from Lake Erie. I wanted to try and build a wooden boat and the Carolina Dory sounds like it would be a great choice. I wanted something that could take some rough treatment if necessary, Lake Erie is infamous for changing from dead calm to rough seas. What does everyone think? Is that a good choice? I am thinking about something in the 20ft range with maybe 25 or 30 horse outboard. Does anyone know where I can find Mr. Spira's plans? Are they still available somewhere?

14. CFMSteve

CFMSteve New Member

Hopefully restarting this thread. I brought the anacapa plans in printed form just before Jeff passed away and they never got continued on. I am hoping someone has a PDF version they would like to share please I feel the anacapa will be perfect for the west coast of New zealand where I am based.

15. Keith Ellis

Keith Ellis New Member

I am looking for the Sitka 27 plans. I emailed someone who posted on this thread about having plans and haven't heard back from them. Jeff actually designed the Okeechobee and Bird Rock for me as a larger version of the Skeeter. Unfortunately he passed before I completed the Okeechobee and could buy the Sitka 27 plans from him.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.