Jeff Spira boat plans

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Boat mad rich, Jul 3, 2022.

1. MrMark

MrMark New Member

Bill I would be very much interested in the Key Largo plans, especially since you mentioned you lengthened it to 27'.

2. CaptChap

CaptChap Junior Member

Zman -
    Is that one of your builds in your member file photo? Looks like a nice boat - good job! What/who's design is it? More pics of it, please!
    Thanks !

3. Woodsman

Woodsman New Member

Sad to hear the news about Jeff's passing, he seemed like such a good guy with some incredible boat designs. Came here looking to see if anyone had any unused plans for a Carolinian Carolina Dory they would be a willing to part with or had updates on his designs being sold elsewhere. Thanks!

4. Jeff6M

Jeff6M New Member

I have Seneca plans but would preffer to build a Tillamook would you be willing to trade?

5. Briank2

Briank2 Junior Member

I'd be interested in Tillamook plans too. ..

6. Rene Bastarache

Rene Bastarache New Member

Personally looking for plans for something in the 35' or larger I can turn into a liveaboard for the great loop.

7. Briank2

Briank2 Junior Member

Which others? I have Nova Scotia Dory 16

8. E R

E R New Member

Good afternoon, I’m new to the forum but a long time fan of Jeff Spira. It’s sad to hear of his passing but it’s nice to know that his legacy will live on around the world.

Would anyone happen to have plans for the 19’ Anacapa Offshore Pacific Power Dory? This has been a favorite design that I am finally in a position to build.

Thank you!

9. TillamookBuilder

TillamookBuilder New Member

I have built the Tillamook. I can help you out.

10. TillamookBuilder

I can only believe Jeff would want his life's work to continue and not end with his passing. For a few dollars Jeff provided me not only with a great boat but some serious life skills learned while building it. I can't think of a better way to honor Jeff's legacy than by building his boats.

bajansailor likes this.
  11. Big Dog

Big Dog New Member

Do you still have the Tillamook 17' plans I could get from you?

12. TillamookBuilder

13. ClaudeAlmighty

ClaudeAlmighty Junior Member

I have Albion plans I never built.

Isn't the Anacapa the same except with, as Jeff wrote "I took my very popular 19' Albion and gave it the offshore treatment, raising the sides and adding a self bailing deck and splash well to keep following seas from coming over the transom. The result is a great coastal dory, very stable, very economical and very safe to use in coastal conditions. It'll hop up on a plane with power as low as 40 horses and cruise and eat up swells, chop and sloppy water to bring you home safely. It's named after the closest of Southern California's Channel Islands, Anacapa, about 30 miles off the coast of Ventura California."

14. ClaudeAlmighty

ClaudeAlmighty Junior Member

15. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Here is an interesting thread on this forum about lifeboat conversions -
    What could be done with an enclosed lifeboat? https://www.boatdesign.net/threads/what-could-be-done-with-an-enclosed-lifeboat.63238/

BlueBell likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.