Deleating Emails

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Poida, May 16, 2007.

1. Poida

Poida Senior Member

I have tried several times to stop this forum from sending me emails advising that someone has responded to a thread. I must have clicked on just about every option but I can't seem to find the right button.

Can someone please advise me how to do it?

Thanks.

Poida

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

To change your default subscription/update policy (also appears under each new thread / full reply screen so you can manually override thread by thread if you wish)

• Click on User CP
    • Click on Edit Options in the left menu
    • Under Messaging & Notification, Default Thread Subscription Mode change the dropdown to No Email Notification

This will make it so no future threads / replies of yours are set to automatically update you via email of subsequent replies.

To remove existing notifications
    • Click List Subscriptions in the left menu
    • Click the checkbox in the blue band next to Notification to check all subscriptions on that page.
    • Then change the dropdown to either No Email Notification or Delete Subscription

If you have many pages of subscriptions and don't want to manually delete/change them page by page, send me a quick PM and I can delete all your subscriptions from the moderator control panel with one click.

< Idiot posts cluttering up the forum | It's driving me crazy again! >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.