Help finding an Isuzu C240 shop manual

Discussion in 'DIY Marinizing' started by Joe Winkler, May 24, 2005.

1. Joe Winkler

Joe Winkler Junior Member

I am rebuilding a 1934 wooden sailboat -- John Alden design -- 43 ft length, 14 ft beam. Deck is long leaf pine, hull is cypress. Engine is an Isuzu C240 diesel.

I bought a used marinized Isuzu C240 on eBay; however, the engine arrived in more parts than I expected. Head was re-done before I got it. Pump is complete. Valves and springs need to be installed. Starter & alternator are not yet attached.

Does anyone know where I can get a shop manual for an Isuzu C240 engine so I can put the engine together from where it is in the assembly process?

I have never worked on diesel engines, so I need a manual with training wheels attached; that is, one that goes step-by-step in the proper assembly sequence. I have been looking for a diesel mechanic in my area willing to assemble a marine engine (Southwest Louisiana); however, no luck yet. So, I will do it myself -- if I can find a manual.

2. PowerTech

PowerTech Senior Member

3. notlostmaybe

notlostmaybe New Member

look for a manual for a chevy luv or isuzu pup 1980's c233 diesel engine.
    the same series.

don

4. Riba

Riba New Member

Hi Joe,
    Did you find Shop Manual for Isuzu C-240?
    I think I have two of them
    Riba

5. Joe Winkler

Isuzu C-240 manual

Riba --

I have not gotten a manual yet. If you have two, do you want to sell one?

Joe Winkler

6. Riba

Riba New Member

Joe,

Yes, I found both manuals and one is like new. I bought it several years ago and forgot where I put it. That's why I bought another one. I do not remember what was the price, but I think it was around 30$. If you want to take it, let me know

Regards
    Drago

7. Joe Winkler

C-240 manual

Drago --

Thirty dollars is fine; determine the postage to Zip 70508 (Lafayette, LA) so I can send you a money order for both --- be sure to give me a mailing address. Or if you use PayPal on eBay, I can pay you that way. Thanks, Joe Winkler (jawink@cox.net)

8. Riba

Riba New Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.