Final year dissertation topics and Masters

Discussion in 'Education' started by Philipp089, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Philipp089

Philipp089 New Member

Hey there,

I am a 3rd year student of Industrial Design and Technology and I am aiming to go into boat design. In order to do that I want to write my dissertation about yacht design in order to gain some background knowledge and do my Masters in Yacht Design.
    My first question is now whether someone might be able to give me some ideas about some interesting topics in yacht design that are not too technical for me as an industrial designer and as a rookie in this field.
    Two topics I would like to hear your thoughts about are:
    "How has the design of sailing yachts been influenced in the last two decades and where will it lead to in the future?"
    and
    "How has and will the current economic and ecologic crisis influence the design of sailing yachts?"

Another question I have is whether anyone could recommend a Masters degree in yacht design or similar that is not too technical for me as industrial designer. It can be anywhere in the world.

Many thanks for your time and effort in advance,

Philipp

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.