ISO 12215 Request

Discussion in 'Class Societies' started by rodrimonti, Nov 11, 2022.

1. rodrimonti

rodrimonti Junior Member

Hello, I am a recently graduated naval engineer from Argentina, I would like to know if there is the possibility of obtaining the iso 12215 standard for free, or if it is purchased, which is the place where you can obtain the best price and which is the latest version and/or most recommended by your personal experience. Unfortunately in my country it is not a norm that is used at all, so when talking with local colleagues I have practically not obtained information on this. I hope I'm not breaking any rules of the forum,
    Greetings and thanks!

2. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

There is no problem asking how to obtain the best price as long as the source is legitimate and doesn't break any copyright or other laws.

3. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

If you are after the 12215:2008 version, there are some website sites, often Flag State authorities, that have it posted as part of their standards of compliance - you'll have to check which ones.
    Otherwise, if you want the 2019 version, you'll have to pay for it.
    Unless of course you go to your local library - yeah a real building with books and journals etc - and requested it, and they should be able to get a copy for you to read, from an ILLR.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.