ISO 12215-5-2019 questions/issues

Discussion in 'Class Societies' started by Midja, Oct 15, 2022.

1. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Cheer up, it is possible to understand ISO 12215 even if it is terribly daunting.:):)

2. Midja

Midja Junior Member

It is me again :D With every day I am closer to the finish line; I have successfully calculated all structural elements except bottom stiffeners, transom and watertight bulkhead. So my questions are:
    1) Stern transom and watertight bulkhead is a sandwich with plywood core; as ISO says (picture 1): "...sandwich theory does not apply for core carrying bending loads " and "a table similar to Table H.4 should be used...what does it mean by similar? What values should be in that table? Does anyone have some example?
    2) I have outboard at transom and I have looked at Annex K. Is there any procedure how to apply those forces except through FEM?
    3)Bottom stiffeners (transversal structural elements - floors) are only plywood plank with thickness of 20mm, that is laminated on bottom. Example in ISO is for top hat, does anybody how to calculate laminated plywood stiffener?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.