Is Toxic Waste Behind Somali Pirates

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Bamby, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Marco1

Marco1 Senior Member

That is how piracy was dealt with in the past. That and arming every ship to the teeth.

Cargo ships are not yet armed only because the insurance companies have yet to work out the benefit against the negatives. As soon as it becomes clear it is better to arm the cargo ships [if in deed it is and I don't know that] they will be. In fact they probably impose a larger premiun if you do not arm them and place a minimum standard in order to get insurance. No different from armed guards with dogs around factories.
    I find sending an unarmed crew into pirats infested waters criminal if you asked me. Clearly no one ever asked me :)

2. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

No one ever asked me either, or they'd have gotten at least two opinions that it's criminal to deliberately send unarmed ships into harm's way.

I notice the French have started assigning military personnel to their civilian ships; they've fought off at least one attack that I know of. Maybe the rest of us could learn something from the 'cheese-eating surrender monkeys,' as some in this country called them when they didn't answer Bush's call to invade Iraq.

3. Marco1

Marco1 Senior Member

Agreed, We Australians have been too busy looking at England and the US for inspiration and have forgotten the existence of a place called Europe. I think you have also forgotten they exist. Yes, they know a few things or rather have not forgotten and throw overboard what their forefathers achieved. Good cheese, good wine, good boats, good engines, good guns

4. mark775

mark775 Guest

"good guns" - No, GREAT guns! They have wine over there?

5. Marco1

Marco1 Senior Member

Absolutley!
    However I must say that lately Australians have gone to france and Italy to teach them how to make good wine. Apparently we are real good at that.

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Talking of toxic waste I bought some Australian wine today. the label warns that the product contains --hang on Ille go get it,, yeah --produced with egg and milk --some traces may remain.

Egg and milk? dirty ********.

I thought wine was made with grapes, not ole chicken bits and cows **** liquid.

I hav'nt opened it yet --thats later after dinner when the South African box runs out.

7. mark775

mark775 Guest

Vegemite?

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Vegemite?

9. mark775

mark775 Guest

Vegemite wine!

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Vegemite wine?

11. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

partyfood.suite101.com › ... › Australia Travel -

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.