Is the ocean broken?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by daiquiri, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

It's pretty clear that you would very much like to stop me from posting. In fact, it isn't enough for you to muzzle my constitutional freedom of speech, but your preference would be to boil me in oil. The only reason you don't prohibit my posts is because you are not the forum administrator. You certainly don't feel constrained by anything as quaint and archaic as the Bill of Rights, or the commandment to "love your neighbor as your self."

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  2. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

You are very confused. I don't hate you as a person. I only hate the radical ideas and evil agenda you constantly preach.
    Name any right you acquired in the bill of rights. None. The admendments called the bill of rights all say congress can't interfere with our rights. It doesn't give us what our Creator already gave us, our rights. Called The right etc. or THE freedom over and over. Not a right. The freedom, already existing. The government doesn't give us our rights or freedoms and cant take them away.

3. ImaginaryNumber

I don't object to your disagreeing with me (though I think you are greatly misguided, and I think you often don't, and can't, support your views in an objective manner). I do object to the incivility of your attitude towards those who hold opinions differing from yours.

4. Yobarnacle

How about your own snide remarks and uncivil attitude, even in recent posts in this exchange? It's obvious our views are so inimical to be totally incompatible. No compromise is possible. Hence the struggle.

5. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Compromise only goes one way. You give a little and they take a little until you have nothing left. That's how they see compromise.
    NO MORE COMPROMISE!

6. ImaginaryNumber

Seabirds face dire threats from climate change, human activity — especially in Northern Hemisphere
    • Many seabirds in the Northern Hemisphere are struggling to breed — and in the Southern Hemisphere, they may not be far behind
    • Reproductive success decreased in the past half century for fish-eating seabirds north of the equator
    • The Northern Hemisphere has suffered greater impacts from human-caused climate change and other human activities, like overfishing
    • Surface-feeding birds in both hemispheres were more prone to reproductive failure
    • Deep-diving birds, like puffins, fared best in terms of reproductive success
    The research was published in Science.

7. rangebowdrie

rangebowdrie Senior Member

It's amazing,, one of the first places of refuge that the atheist retreats to when they feel threatened is to quote a Biblical passage out of context.
    It works both ways;
    "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary, for those who dis-believe no explanation is possible"

8. ImaginaryNumber

Human-driven climate change only half the picture for krill, key species in the Southern Ocean
    • Krill are about 2.5 inches (6 cm) long, and are fast swimming zooplankton that live in large groups
    • They are key to the Southern Ocean’s food chain, eaten by penguins, seals, fish and whales -- and harvested by humans
    • Krill can only survive in a narrow temperature range and are strongly affected by variables in their underwater environment
    • In the Southern ocean surrounding Antarctica, krill populations are projected to decline about 30% this century
    • The negative effects from human-driven climate change will be largely indistinguishable from natural variability until late in the 21st century
    • The Convention on the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources, needs to manage krill while understanding the expected decline
    The study was published in Frontiers in Marine Science

9. Yobarnacle

Still waiting for proof humans cause climate change. It's such a ridiculous notion, I expect to be waiting forever for non-existent proof. Opinions are not proofs. A narrative of how it's supposed is not proof either even with colored graphs and arty crayoned depictions. If the Almighty offered His opinion, I would accept it, but don't bother quoting the pope in Rome. He doesn't have a clue considering what the Almighty wants based on the peccadilloes of the priesthood the pope studiously ignores..

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  10. ImaginaryNumber

Yes, you certainly will wait a long time for proof of Climate Change, or anything else scientifically related for that matter. Science doesn't do proofs; that's the realm of formal mathematics. Science only collects data, builds models, and infers conclusions.

Good luck figuring out The Almighty's POV.

11. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore Senior Member

Check this article out.
    The Earth Has a Pulse: 27.5-Million-Year Cycle of Geological Activity Discovered https://www.google.com/amp/s/scitechdaily.com/the-earth-has-a-pulse-27-5-million-year-cycle-of-geological-activity-discovered/amp/
    upload_2021-6-21_13-14-18.png
    How interesting.
    It seems there is a rhythm to the movements below, just as I suspected.

They are surmised that we have another 20 million years to go before another big pulse, but I also suspect there are multiple harmonies bouncing around down there and, as the chart shows, the occasional rogue wave pops up for no apparent reason.

-Will

12. Yobarnacle

Thank you for the confession. It would be very self destructive to hamstring our economies and culture because of inferred conclusions based on inadequate over simplified models. Regardless of how complex the model, it will be an over simplification of the multitude of actual factors affecting climate. We can safely and justifiably ignore the doom sayers. They are making very dim guesses at best..

The Almighty's POV? Holy Scriptures.

13. ImaginaryNumber

Happy to supply that "confession" for you, though if your memory was working better you would remember that I've "confessed" before, multiple times, over and over. I'm thinking we're seeing you in your declining years. So sad. :(

14. ImaginaryNumber

Sure will be interesting if geoscientists can figure out the modality of the 27-million-year cycle.

15. Yobarnacle

Those other so called confessions that the premise can't be proved were disqualified by claims of "a preponderance of evidence supports" quibbles. The preponderance is of conviction from your faction. Only matters to your faction the opinions and convictions of your faction.

We don't need your faction on our side. Your agenda is to require everyone join with you, the whole world you said elsewhere. You've lost and will continue to lose because we won't ever join your movement or POV.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.