Manoeuvring models

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by ghisio, Oct 13, 2007.

1. ghisio

ghisio New Member

Hi all,
    I am a student working on a thesis about the effect of moment of inertia in yaw during a tack...Can any of you give me some information or advice me where to find it? thank you in advance

2. Alik

Alik Senior Member

General:
    - Lewis E.V. Principles of Naval Architecture. Vol. 3, SNAME, 1989.

For sailboats:
    - Masayuma Y., Nakamura I., Tatano H., Takagi K. Dynamic Performance of Sailing Cruiser by Full - Scale Tests. // Eleventh Chesapeake Sailing Yacht Symposium. 1993. pp.161-180.
    - Ridder E.J., Vermeulen K.J, Keuning J.A. A mathematival model for tacking maneuver of a sailing yacht // The International HISWA Symposium on Yacht Design and Yacht Construction, 2004.

3. ghisio

ghisio New Member

thank you

4. ghisio

ghisio New Member

Csysonline.com

The website csysonline.com seems to be out of order...could you tell me where I can find the article by Masayuma, Tatano, Takagi and whether I can find it on internet or I have to buy it?!

5. Alik

Alik Senior Member

Try SNAME website.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.