Is is feasible to have small inboard diesel in 18-27' centerconsole (sportfisher styl

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Northeaster, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Northeaster

Northeaster Senior Member

Hi SubTom- I do agree that there are some deals to be had, south of the border. I did buy my sailboat in the states a few years ago, and brought it back.
    At this point though, if it deems feasible, I would rather try and build a small aluminum boat (looking at a 20' design and a 25' design) to accomplish a couple of things:
    - get experience in working with aluminum, boatbuilding. Reason for this is that my long term goal of building a larger aluminum catamaran.
    - end up with a reasonabley priced boat that will allow us to enjoy our local bay

I think most of the deals in the US would come with older outboards, and I am leaning more to building a 25'er with a used inboard diesel, as we have experience with diesels, and they are very reliable.

Or, build a 20'er and buy a new or nearly new outboard, to arrive perhaps at the same cost as an older setup, but with a low maintenance alumium boat and newer, reliable outboard.

2. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Carry on.

-Tom

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.