Inviting all Designers to take part in our watercraft project.

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by av.7447, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Mine did. Or at least, most of the girls that rode in it were cute....:p

It was so light that if I hit the brakes hard while I was driving solo, I'd start turning clockwise and be catty-corner in the road by the time I stopped. With a passenger though, it stayed straight

2. yipster

yipster designer

3. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

What makes you think I'm wishing you good luck???

I've wished him good luck twice now..

RU talking about me??
    All I've done is point out some realities and ASK for some info-of which I have seen nothing.

Being heavily involved in venture capital,I have a very good idea of the costs....but I guess telling him those would be just construed as a personal attack.

4. av.7447

av.7447 Junior Member

It is very interesting to read some of the replies people leave in this forum. Shows a lot about people's lifes and daily problems they have to deal with. I guess it is pretty pointless of me to ask people to stay on the subject as i started this thread only for the designers that are interested. I did not ask for people to give me their thoughts or ideas on the business subject. We know exactly what we are doing, what we want, and our chances in the pwc market. We do not need people's ideas on the engines or propulsion... Someone here said something about me using a gmail account for business. That person clearly have no idea what is "business". You know that it takes $10 and 10 minutes to do any kind of company email address you want and all the best scammers of Nigeria use company email addresses. I am a shareholder in 3 different companies. I have 5 different emails that I use everyday for different reasons. Also, do you really think some poor designer is going to send us some pictures of his design that we will like so much we going to steal it, copy it and run away with it ? :) Like suriously people, grow up. I came to this forum to discuss the design, we are not in kinder garden... We have designers from all over the world working on this project and I will be more then happy to see everybodies vision on a modern pwc. So, please, again and thank you, if you want to reply in this thread on the subject other then a pwc design, do it some place else.

Regards,

Vlad

1 person likes this.
  5. apex1

apex1 Guest

Wowww....

then,

back to topic mates!

6. yipster

yipster designer

hmm.. some poor designer dont know those nigerians personally but does know people with to many e-mails and mobile phones

think i've shown some not wanted pwc thoughts but now reading your pdf's its mainly the dashclocks in 3d you want and on the steering colomb rite?

and some topside eastatics couse yes that MV looks sharper than the seadoo, platform is a half sinker i guess? yamaha uses a step etc

good luck with your ideas; http://www.brp.com/ does incourage innovation

here some more pics i thought were relevant, starting with how to wow :p

Attached Files:

7. av.7447

av.7447 Junior Member

Hey Yipster,

Don't get me wrong. We want all the innovation ideas we can get that will interest a lot of people but we have to start with something that is a sure thing first (from business perspective) , if you know what I mean. Right now we are concentrating on doing two regular sit down models so we can attract people to our line of products that are already used to the idea of a PWC and make some money so we can start testing the market with new ideas and innovations. It is just too risky to invest a lot of money in something that have not been done before only to find out that there are not that many individuals that will go for that product. Let's take me as an example, I love Sea-Doo PWCs. I have been using Bombardier products for at least 8-9 years now and it have been a great fun for me. I am not really sure if I want to try some other kind of on water experience and even if it will be fun for the first 30 minutes, it might not be practical or comfortable for me in a long run. I know for sure that if I get a nice Sea Doo type pwc that will attract me by its looks, reliability, engine fuel efficiency and performance, I will have plenty of fun on it for years to come. Business is not our primary goal in our company even though it plays a big role. We love to have fun, and we want to share our fun with other people. If, while we do that we can also make some money, that just would be a perfect combination.

Regards,

Vlad

8. yipster

yipster designer

guess apex1 is momentararaly out for laughs

hm.. simply better[​IMG]but more flashy

perhaps in other grips too and again an old bennelli pwc looking sharp

Attached Files:

9. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Av... I will give a you a billion dollar idea for free. Think about it and when you make 20 million give me one.
    PWC are pretty useless except for one thing, going in a group from one place to another.
    You can't fish from them very well, or put several people in them, or have a Bimini top. A dingy, pontoon boat or open fisherman is far more useful. Motorcycles had the same problem until they develop the sidecar.
    So it is not a matter of making them faster or more bling, make them useful.

Later

10. av.7447

av.7447 Junior Member

Yea, those gauges look pretty interesting. The only problem is I find digital instruments are very hard to read when you are going fast on a pwc. You have to keep in mind that this is not a regular bike. You are constantly jumping waves, the wind blowing in your eyes (not everybody wear eye protection). I find that big classic analogue gauges are the best when it comes to try and read the instruments on the water. SeaDoo did just that, they went back from using digital to analogue on their new models.

Bennelli sit down PWC looks kind of cool. I would give it a little tweaking though to make it just a little less sportier.

Regards,

Vlad

11. apex1

apex1 Guest

12. av.7447

av.7447 Junior Member

We are not planning a pontoon boat but a model lineup of jet boats is something that we might have in the near future.

Regards,

Vlad

13. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

14. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

The only way to beat the big guys is with innovation, a new idea. More of the same thing, and you have to give them away. Think out of the box.

15. av.7447

av.7447 Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.