Inviting all Designers to take part in our watercraft project.

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by av.7447, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. av.7447

av.7447 Junior Member

WestVanHan, I am very sorry but I do not see your point. I also do not understand what means "bang heads with the Chineese" At this time we do not require a market trader. We are looking for a talented designer. If you want to apply for a job with us just leave me your email address and I will let you know if the position becomes available in our company.

Best Regards,

2. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

............................................________.....
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`...}
    .............../...................................................,:”.........../
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.........................
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

3. Squidly-Diddly

Squidly-Diddly Senior Member

how about an two wheeled motorcycle amphib?

I'd make it a sit-down "PWC" with fat scooter or ATV type tires front and back.

A mild PWC able to launch or land on a typical sandy beach and able to do FWY legal speeds of 65MPH.

The big problem with a two wheeler would be at low speed and stops, because I don't see anyone's legs being long enough to straddle even a narrow PWC hull and touch ground, so some sort of "Training Wheels" would be needed.

PS-Anyone have some good Human Figure images that can be loaded into SolidWorks???

Hopefully some in the Motorcycle/PWC position?

One of these days, if no one comes up with it, I'm going to make a Human Figure in SolidWorks with movable joints. Should be fairly simple to make a semi-crude, but up gradable/scalable Figure.

4. Squidly-Diddly

PS-I think the market emphasis on chasing hyper-performance may be misguided

and is similar to the Japanese motorcycle companies equally misguided pursuit of hyper-performance.

They have stock bikes able to do "mid 9" second 1/4 miles, and can easily do 150MPH, that sell for pretty cheap.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nu6u-ZrBbk

But I hear their market just keeps shrinking, probably because not that many people are that crazy, even though it is sort a bargain for under $14,000.

They seem to be engineering their bikes and PWC for the hot-shots who write the magazine reviews, always wanting to hype the hottest new monster on the block.

I think somewhere there is opportunity to use their ever better and quickly improving tech to make lower powered craft that are somehow much more usable(is various yet undetermined and wondrous new ways) for the average person and thus a much bigger market.

5. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Seems people are a little quick on the trigger, here. If I remember right, Apple started in a garage when IBM owned the computer market, and they've done all right.

Of course the odds are against any start-up - particularly in a crowded field. But I see no reason for dumping on someone willing to give it a try. How about giving them some encouragement and moral support, instead?

Nor do I see where he asked designers to not only submit designs, but sign over rights to them for free. Instead, he mentioned paying for the winning entry.

On a side note, I also owned one of the first Honda cars imported into the country. I never managed to get proper plates for it. No matter how many times I explained that it was an automobile - in person, on the phone, and by mail - the California Department of Motor Vehicles kept sending me motorcycle plates anyway.

6. Squidly-Diddly

how about a PWC somehow designed to be easier to carry aboard mothership?

Or easily attach to stern of common existing sailboats?

Some new PWC have reverse feature.

7. apex1

apex1 Guest

That was a very polite translation Albert. Thanks

Bad luck for them, the designers able to provide something they could use, are not dumb enough. Those who are, don´t bring them any further.

And the time to challenge such a market is choosen perfectly, I must agree with westVanHan.

8. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

Using Apple as an example,when at the time the upside was almost unlimited (a computer or 2 in every house ) and 2 competitors...way off.

Choosing between lip service or honest realities of the market-I choose reality.

Be sure to report back in 2-3 years and once again..good luck.

9. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Not good luck to me; it isn't my venture. Nor do I like their odds of succeeding; even the majority of new restaurants go bust.

But that's no reason to dump on them for having the balls to give it a try. How about a little human respect?

Sometimes the members on here give people a dose of cold reality, which is a good thing and sorely needed. But other times, some of them seem to jump on people just for the fun of dog-piling on them. I don't like that sort of behavior; it shows a bit of a mean streak.

10. yipster

yipster designer

[​IMG]
    guess i was the first here with that honda 600 above motorbike engine with chains under the hood just like the better looking honda 800 below
    CG was way fwd and remember i made some amazing nose pirouettes with it, but should a pwc, never try'd that..

still have to read the pdf's i got from av7447 if its about eastatics, ergonomics or what but if there is choice in propulsion..
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. anthony goodson

anthony goodson Senior Member

May I apply for the job of translater/proof reader/spellchecker please?

12. apex1

apex1 Guest

Troy I agree with your antipathy regarding jumping on people. We sometimes (me included) are a bit harsh, so to say.

But a gmail account for enquiries?
    Send me your plans, I may employ you?
    The winner gets some money?
    We challenge the market leaders (and are idiotic enough to state that on the internet)?

Come on Troy,

if YOU don´t smell a rat here, you have a flu.

Regards
    Richard

13. yipster

yipster designer

hi anthony, yes i mis-spelled "eastatics" but is it that bad and me your adressing :D

14. anthony goodson

anthony goodson Senior Member

No yipster certainly not you sir ! .it is not something I would normally do ,unless someone's postings beliy their alleged status.

15. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Do they came with all options including the cute girl? :)

Daniel

[​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.