Instrumentation Question

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by floridafan, Mar 6, 2015.

1. floridafan

floridafan New Member

I have an older C90 2 stroke Yamaha outboard, circa 1995. I have just purchased a new center console that came off a Carolina Skiff rigged for a Yamaha. (the owner of the Carolina Skiff wanted a bigger console and had this one removed before he took possession of his new boat)
    The console is rigged to accept a Yamaha 10 pin harness, and has 4 gauges installed including a speedometer and Tachometer

I am not sure that I need these two gauges since I get speed off my GPS but was not sure what I would put in place of them.

Any suggestions on what you would put in these 4 holes? :D

I have Trim Tabs, and a Jack Plate and fish inshore off the west coast of Florida.

2. AndySGray

AndySGray Senior Member

Three beer holders and a bottle opener, since you asked :p

I take it you're actually asking how to fill up spare holes after moving your old gauges across vs, if you can make the new ones work with your existing motor?

I think there used to be a 7 pin to 10 pin adapter (IIRC, though I could be on Honda?) to mate older motors to newer gauges...

Are you on an oil tank or do you premix?

I've had some good results from just making up a new panel in 1/8 aluminum with as many or as few gauges as required, then finishing in crackle (self wrinkling) black paint.