Hydromax Loadcases

Discussion in 'Software' started by b1ck0, Oct 12, 2010.

1. b1ck0

b1ck0 Senior Member

Hi,
    one week ago I downloaded Maxsurf Demo from Formsys website. When I started Hydromax Ultimate there was a sample design there, with loadcases and everything that needs to be defined. Can you give me more details about these loadcases. How exacly they must be defined, what's the logic ? And another question - Why in Longitudinal strenght results ( double click on graph ) one load is defined on 2 or more positions ? For example:

buoyancy x | buoyancy y| moment x | moment y|
    0 | 20 | 0 | 5
    1 | 23 | 0.00001 | 5
    2 | 45 | 0.00002 | 5

and so on .... the result is that buoyancy is deined in 56 positions, but the moment and shear are defined in 96 positions. Please give me information about correct understanding of Loadcase entry and how Hydromax calculates Bending Moment and Shear Force :)

Thanks in advance :)

2. b1ck0

b1ck0 Senior Member

Here are more examples ...
    Check the sum of all weights in from 0 to 6.2 in the loadcase and after that in the results ... Why is that? What's the correct way to input the data in loadcase ?

Thanks! :)

Attached Files:

• 1.GIF
      1.GIF
      File size:
      69.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.GIF
      2.GIF
      File size:
      23.1 KB
      Views:
  3. klaas

klaas Junior Member

Anything you want to know you can read in the manual...

But anyway to start with Hydromax:
    - Open a design made in maxsurf
    - Go to the input window, here you wille find different tabs:
    Compartments, Sounding pipes, Key points... etc. Define the asked stuff.
    - Go to loadcases, here you define the different loadcases you want to task (departure/arrival/hom. loaded/LSW, etc). In each loadcases all the defined tanks appear and can be filled. Additional massloads can be added too. RTM to discover how to do it.
    - To be able to calculate longitudinal strength (bending moment & shear forces) you have to provide aft- and front borders of each weight in order to calculate a weightdistribution. This weight distributions curve can than be integrated to shearforces and bendin moments.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.