I Need A Hull For A Catamaran

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by josephpl, Nov 28, 2007.

1. josephpl

josephpl New Member

I HAVE TO FINISH A CATAMARAN , I HAVE AN IMAGE, FRONT AND PLAN VIEW IN CAD WITH DIMENSIONS, I NEED A PERSON WHO CAN BUILD THE LOFTS TO MODEL THE 3D IN RHINO OR OTHER SOFTWARE, MY BUDGET IS US$50, PAY BY PAYPAL AS SOON YOU HAVE DONE IT, FOR PEOPLE INVOLVE IN THE INDUSTRY SHOULD BE A 2 HR WORK, IF SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME WITH, I WILL APRECIATE IT.

THXS :cool:

JP

2. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

As soon as you find a designer that works for $25 per hour, let me know. $50 might buy you a phone call. Talk about the eternal optimist.

3. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Josephpl, I might build 1 hull for 50K & another 50K for the other one & then some more for the in between & then some more;) for the rest, how big is the cat you want? All the best from jeff.:)

4. JEM

JEM Senior Member

$50 might be low if you want more than some hard-chined panels.

I bet if you post the image you referred to, you might get more interest.

Also, I clicked on your profile and you leave no way for someone to contact you. That raises some warning flags sometimes.

5. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I think he's asking for someone to LOFTS TO MODEL THE 3D IN RHINO OR OTHER SOFTWARE... not nuilding the hull(s) guys.

So he's asking for someone with typing skills, not glassing skills.

At $50 a hull I'll take 20...

6. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

No... he's asking someone to take his drawing, whatever shape it's in, and convert said drawing to loftable sections and then provide him with said results. This is not a trivial matter and the business of asking here, rather than through an established design firm, is indicative of the "issues" surrounding the task.

If you have any intention of doing this, mind your position as to responsibility.

7. martinf

martinf Junior Member

a related question

This post reminds me of a question I've been having lately. I'm busy doing my home work to understand the issues regarding stability and the calcs to determine. If I gave a Naval Archetect the drawings and the data about weight, size,etc. and just wanted to know about a few criteria such as initial and reserve stability, what kind of charge would be reasonable?

Some of you good people I'm sure remember my recent postings about my kinda-crazy project regarding a harbor tug named sea mule that I want to convert to a house boat. I mention this in that the finguring is what I would imagine is a pretty easy task for a pro as the boat basically looks like a shoe box!

I ask this as I'm on a tight budget and I'm just wondering if this is even feasable for me.
    thanks for opinions about this.
    ~martin

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.