254 Boat Plans??

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Jj1911, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Jj1911

Jj1911 New Member

What do you all think of this? It's a ebood with 254 boat plans in it. Is it worth $50 for a guy who is a beginner??

Thanks

Click the link below to check it out
    http://www.plans4boats.com

1 person likes this.
  2. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Looks to me like he's just rounding up the free stuff on the internet, and trying to charge you for it. You don't need to give him fifty bucks; you can do google searches for nothing.

I'm a little skeptical of that picture of him, too; the guy's wearing a 32-oz framing hammer. Not my idea of a typical boatbuilder's tool. The only people I ever saw swinging war clubs like that were piecework housing-tract framers....

3. tom28571

tom28571 Senior Member

This is clearly a compilation of plans from magazines like Science and Mechanics, Mechanics Illustrated and several of boating magazines. How much is it worth to have this work done for you to see 254 boat plans?

You can look up D. N. Goodchild on the net. He has a website that contains information on just about all the boat plans that appeared in S&M and some others. Plans are cheap but you do have to order them.

I'd think that a beginner starting to look at boats might well get $50 worth of use out of Holden's CD of plans. Some of us who have been around for a while may have already seen most of them.

4. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

have a look at www.glen-l.com google Hannu's boatyard and www.epoxy-resins.co.uk then download the Carene software and design it yourself ..I also think many of these compilatons are very old fashioned in terms of construction methods ...too many frames spars ribs screws nails ... as they were often drawn up before epoxy..you did not say what size of boat you wanted to build ......makes advice difficult

5. epoxymanuk

epoxymanuk Junior Member

Hi most of the plans listed are available for free from http://www.svensons.com/boat/
    Regards
    Rob

6. Munter

Munter Amateur

You have to wonder if the first post in this thread isn't just click harvesting.

7. dskira

dskira Previous Member

I even saw a Dave Gerr plan. The guy is a fake.
    What he sell is a video and a book.
    He just steal plans from magazine and other designer.
    Full of crap.
    Don't send him money, and forget crook like him exist.
    Next he will send a product for dysfunctional ******** , he is also a doctor.
    Next he will sell how to attract woman, he is also a psychoanalyst.
    The snake oil syndrome is rampant and alive unfortunately

And if it his post to fish, he knows what I think about him, and better leave and go back to his stinking hole

Daniel

8. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Why you don't want PM, just e-mail?
    Why you want to know the e-mail of the people who want to wrote to you?
    I know it is not my business, just asking, I am curius.

Daniel

9. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Try http://www.woodenboatstore.com

click on Digital Downloads and Study Plans, there's over 100 designs nicely organized and described, study plans can be downloaded in PDF form for 99c.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.