Miniature - Speed Boat Design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Choppy, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Choppy

Choppy Guest

Hi,

My name is Choppy, i have followed many threads through these forums for some time and was hoping maybe some of you very informed members could help me.

I live in Sydney Australia, and am looking at building a small speed boat of about 10ft (approx. 3 meters). i intend on using 3mm plate marine grade alloy (because i have ample material available). Power can be either via a small outboard or any other preferred means.

I have seen a great tunnel boat, and also have seen many single hull boats, and also have looked at ideas of a modified sea sled (after seeing the sled posts here).

I like the twin hull ideas, and would like it to be a minimum of two seater. My intention was to power it with a 20-30hp outboard to maximise internal room.

I intend on using the boat in small lakes and creeks, for lure casting. So i would set it up with completeley flat top sides. I would like to travel at a minimum of 30mph(50kmh).

Could you please advise me on the pros and cons and also where i could get plans (at not too an expensive cost). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to all responses.

Regards
    Choppy

2. Jimboat

Jimboat Senior Member

Choppy - I'd be glad to help. Send me an email.

3. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Old Designs 'floating' about...

Choppy...

Email me as well - I will send back an old study - I only have a word file format though - hard drive packed it in...

I feel like working it up again as I just might want or need a small commuter for myself soon...

SH.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.