Interior redesign help

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by jameshogan, Jun 21, 2005.

1. jameshogan

jameshogan Junior Member

I am interested in modernizing the interior of my yacht before next production run. Not sure how much this might cost or if its a recommended do it yourself. I want to totally have the interior redone, move the fridge, stove etc. Would be some weight issues maybe.. Comments?

2. glossdesign

glossdesign Arch.

3. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

Best is to mock up the space in cardboard or better 1/4 interior ply, and then USE the boat for a month.

There is lots more to a 3D design that doesnt appear in a 2D concept sketch.

Not only weights , but storage and access to existing systems for maint. needs to be considered.

Then there is sight lines , 2 persons passing , seat hights , it goes on forever and is far better experienced than just drawn.

MOCKUP,

even the "big boys " use them to get the usual Quart most want stuffed into a pint pot.

FAST FRED

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.