interior fiberglass crack repair

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by frog man, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Nurb

Nurb Junior Member

I know I can smell system three resin and west system G-Flex when they are being mixed or curing.

I have both here now and can smell them from 6' away when making small 1 foot repairs. I had stopped noticing the smell when I was building a small rowboat. After the strong smell of polyester that I could smell 500' away, epoxy seemed to have "no smell" in comparison.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Tunnels, your sinus passages are so damaged by styrene and keytone products that you can't smell anything, come on now. You haven't smelled anything for years, who you kidding . . . Epoxy does have a smell, but it's slight and not especially offensive, though possably to a poly guy . . .

Nurb, you'll never stop noticing the smell of polyester or vinylester, though you can easily ignore epoxy.

3. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

sorry to disapoint you i have a very keen sense of smell , feel and taste . only my eye sight from looking through key holes for to long . :D

1 person likes this.
  4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I have a similar eye sight ailment Tunnels, though now my shoulder has lost 80% of it's rotational abilities.

5. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Tai chi is what you need to do every day The gental art of excise of the body and mind . Also food has a lot to do as well . Combined the two and you wlll be looking for a 25 year old girl friend or two Since been in China i lost 15 kgs of weight and have a string of girls in there 2os . I just had my 67 birthday beginning of the month and havent found a chinese girl yet that s fit enough to last the distance !:p

6. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

havent found a chinese girl yet that s fit enough to last the distance !.....Tunnels, I told you before not to go to the legless childrens home for your companions.......

....you are such a worry to ya Mum.....

1 person likes this.

7. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

oooohh but its fun and they are so easy to catch !!!!
    me mum aint here so what she dont know wont worry her !!