Interesting TV program

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by catsketcher, May 11, 2011.

1. catsketcher

catsketcher Senior Member

I liked watching this BBC program. It's about a family that sail an Atlantic 46 cat from England to Australia. It shows the struggles of sailing a large cat with young kids.

It won't last for long before the ABC pulls the link so have a look or download it soon if you are interested.

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/search/gap year

cheers

Phil

2. Brorsan

Brorsan Junior Member

Only people in Australia can watch this, unfortunaly.

3. Skint For Life

Skint For Life Junior Member

I hope this isn't considered a hijack.

I saw an episode of "I shouldn't be alive" just a night or two ago on NZ telly that told the story of an american family sailing a cruising catamaran from south asia to australia. Long story short they hit a reef, mast fell on the deck crushing the skippers leg. They abandoned ship. If you can find it it may be worth a look :)

Last edited: May 12, 2011

4. rattus

rattus SeƱor Member

I managed to get in. The show is actually a British one, so I tried youtube.co.uk. I was blocked since my IP address originated in the US. You'll need to pose as a UK resident to see the show.

1) Go through a UK proxy server: daveproxy.co.uk
    1a) Enter youtube.co.uk in the box.
    2) Register at youtube.co.uk with a UK postcode. Try the one used by Buckingham Palace: SW1A 1AA
    3) Once you get your confirmation email, log in to youtube.co.uk (again, through daveproxy.co.uk) with your new UK identity
    4) Make sure "safety" is turned off - this show is blocked otherwise due to "strong language" ;-)
    5) Search for "My Family's Crazy Gap Year"; go to the show page, and look for episode 2
    6) Watch away!

Hope this helps non-Aussies get the show!

Mike

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.