Interesting approach

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by yokebutt, Apr 18, 2005.

1. yokebutt

yokebutt Boatbuilder

I'm getting quite annoyed with all the people who peruse this forum but doesn't bother to register and voice their opinion on the various questions being asked. I do my best to confuse people, why don't you?

Yokebutt.

2. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

IN La La land confusion is supreme ,

after all a rep like Barbra Boxer claims she has only turned down 3 for gov posts , in actuality its 11.

With delusional people , confiusion is not unexpected.

This board is pretty rational with folks attempting (in their own ways) to LOWER the level of confusion , not raise it.

Good Luck

FAST FRED

3. yokebutt

yokebutt Boatbuilder

Ooooookay, one person definitely confused, anyone else?

Yokebutt.

4. Thunderhead19

Thunderhead19 Senior Member

Sometimes I'm looking for answeres like everyone else and, in doing that, I scan through other peoples posts without commenting. Other times I'll see a post requesting some help of some kind or other and won't respond because there's a complicated answer to a simplistic (not simple, simplistic) question. My favorite posts NOT to comment on are the please-design-this-for-me-for-free and the tell-me-in-infinite-detail-how-to-design-this-including-explaining-the-math kind.

5. stevel

stevel Lost at sea

Don't want to steer anyone the wrong way

I'm generally reading to learn, and don't have that much to offer to most threads. When there's one with something that I know about, I'll contribute, but most of the time, a more experienced person has already responded before I see it.

6. asathor

asathor Senior Member

I can't imagine that everyone would want to comment on everything - you might for example not want to know what comes to mind in the average Sailor-Mind when they see a thread like "Infusion vs Wetbanging"

On the other hand some of us probably comment too often - personally I am more likely to venture out on "thin ice" to get a discussion going

7. yokebutt

yokebutt Boatbuilder

Yes indeed, I think you all have some valid concerns, and I'll freely admit that they all have made me refrain from answering a query at one time or another. Sometimes it's sufficient to point out the complexities involved in the question asked, other times it's obvious that the person posing the question lacks the qualifications to even understand the answer supplied, in those instances, I turn off the computer and drink cheap red wine instead.

Yokebutt.

8. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Maybe everyone is not as bright as you.........;)

Then again, this is a forum and eveyone has the same right to post a question / advise, provided it is not insulting or a personal attack on others.

9. casavecchia

casavecchia Senior Member

Remember Spaghetto

10. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

Yes Wynand - I am with you - as mostly. Although it seems to me a proper behaviour to register - fight with an open visor as the Lords would say....
    Friend casaveggio - we all remember Frankie!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.