Powerboat Designs

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Bala, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Bala

Bala New Member

I'm looking for a buil-it-yourself powerboat about 26-30 LOA and a no-permit-required-trailerable beam of 8'-8'6". I found one that I really liked:

http://www.bateau.com/proddetail.php?prod=LB26

I've been searching for more designs similar to this or other sport cruisers etc of the same length but haven't come up with any so far. One link leads to another and within minutes I seem to end up on a site that has nothing to do with boats!!

Can someone point me to some designer website that sells these plans for DIYers?

Thanks much
    Bala

2. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

This is one of my designs, Cooper (RYD-26) and is 28' LOD and available in several configurations, including low power displacement, semi displacement and full plane. There's also a raised deck option and an elliptical stern version. Drop me an email (click on my name) and we can see if it suits your needs.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

5. Bala

Bala New Member

6. Bala

Bala New Member

PAR,

Nice boat. Though a little too classic for my requirement (not my taste) I'd like to see some specs on it if you can.

Thanks,

Bala

7. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

If you're after something a little bit more contemporary looking, I'm currently working on something that may suit you.
    As shown below, the boat has a beam of 2.8 metres, but I expect to develop a second variant with a beam of 2.5

Bear in mind the the design is still in progress, so aplogies for any shortcomings in the drawings....

Attached Files:

8. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Might be worth a look, Bala, at Tom Lathrop's "Bluejacket".... http://bluejacketboats.com/ A little more classic looking than Will's 21st-century style, typical power is a 50 hp outboard for cruising in the 12-18 mph range.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.