Hello

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by mlaranjinha, Sep 14, 2007.

1. mlaranjinha

mlaranjinha Junior Member

Hello

My name is Manuel and I am a naval architect with Grenland Group Technology in Sandefjord, Norway.

ML

1 person likes this.
  2. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Hi, laranjinha! Welcome to these forums. Are you from Portugal or Brazil?

3. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

ML,

Welcome to the forum. I may be up your way in the not to distant future as my girlfriend wishes to stay in an ice hotel for our honeymoon.

Take care & enjoy this great forum.

Tim

4. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Welcome to the forum Manuel! Tim that does not sound a practical idea with all that hot passionate stuff that goes on during honeymoons (well it did during all my honeymoons so far) - could end up homeless

5. mlaranjinha

mlaranjinha Junior Member

Guillermo: I am Portuguese

Timgoz: hope you enjoy cold ;)

6. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

And hello from me. I'm Scottish/Australian.

Note that Tim said his girlfriend said 'she' wanted to stay in the Ice Hotel for their honeymoon...So far he's not mentioned where he's going to stay....:)

Guillermo's OK - except that being Portuguese he's one of England's oldest allies...:mad:

7. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Not all of them are that fond of the English, Max. As a matter of fact I've found portuguese people who told me that the traditional Portugal alliance with the English only brought Portugal to an under-industrialized situation at the end of the day, as the English only wanted to take from Portugal their wines and sell them all kind of manufactured goods.

8. safewalrus

And what pray is wrong with that Guillermo? fair swop I'd say - a lot of useless mechanical stuff (most invented and built by our Northern Vassels - the Scots, standing by for incoming!!) for some really nice wines - yep seems reasonable to me! After all for a time you did become part of Spain - sort of! But we'll forgive you for that as it wasn't a popular idea! Bit like England allowing the Scots in - what was it Cromwells boys said about Scotland? ......and their beer tasted like porridge! Which was the polite bit!

9. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Only considered 'useless' because the Neanderthal race south of Hadrian's Wall were not yet intelligent enough to realise their value...I believe it's a truism that when the first Bible (widely printed and circulated by a Scot of course) found its was south a cleft stick message was sent back by runner asking for the recipe to go with it.... :D

10. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

I'm an air cooled love making machine who is easily overheated, so an ice hotel sounds ideal for the varied and abundant activities I envision.

Hope all is well with you guys.

Take care.

Tim

11. PsiPhi

PsiPhi Newbie

I was just up North for a holiday.
    I think the couple in the next igloo were on thier honeymoon . . .

igloo.jpg

1 person likes this.
  12. safewalrus

Hell Tim here I was having a go at the 'Scottish retread' and you dive in with the igloo idea (actually a Scottish idea apparantly, the only things they ever built without English help [woooeee that'll get him!!]) Gotto admit its kinda 'cool' though!

13. PsiPhi

PsiPhi Newbie

Actually, I think the only thing the Scottish built without the English's help was Hadrian's wall - and I still can't see the point of it :)

14. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Bloody Aussies....What do they know....:D :D :D :D

15. safewalrus

Max what's that Pee Pee ranting aboot mon? as we know Hadrian was an Italian pizza salesman who built the wall to ruin the Scottish / English Saturday night raiding!

bleedin foreigners!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.