intake manifold water neck

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by new2boatingguy, Oct 6, 2008.

  1. new2boatingguy
    Joined: Oct 2008
    Posts: 1
    Likes: 0, Points: 0, Legacy Rep: 10
    Location: wilmington, nc

    new2boatingguy New Member

    I have a 1977 175hs omc, I am A auto mechanic and new to repairing boat motors. The what I would call water neck on the intake manifold is corroded beyond saving and I need to replace it. But I am unable to find it on the net, My question is where do I get one or what is the proper term for it in the marine world?:?:
  2. 2850 Bounty
    Joined: Oct 2008
    Posts: 15
    Likes: 0, Points: 0, Legacy Rep: 10
    Location: Portland, Oregon

    2850 Bounty Junior Member

    Identify your engine, and then check this "e-Bay" page occasionally. It will change weekly/daily, but will always bring up OMC thermostat housings since this is a search page.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.