instead of "Variable deadrise" how about Variable Geometry?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Squidly-Diddly, Oct 20, 2016.

  1. Squidly-Diddly
    Joined: Sep 2007
    Posts: 1,948
    Likes: 168, Points: 63, Legacy Rep: 304
    Location: SF bay

    Squidly-Diddly Senior Member

    I occurs to me that the standard rough water RIB has a hollow hard planing hull that floods with ballast at rest.

    Has anyone tried to make the boat equivalent to a swing-wing aircraft?

    A hull that can change from fairly flat quick planing to deep vee?

    I'm thinking the rear would be basically two rectangles hinged at the keel, and the front would be two triangles with trailing edge overlapping the front of the rectangles just a tad.

    This rig would be carried on sliders under a basically flat hull.

    It would be 'hollow' when in deep-Vee mode and thus could take on ballast water like RIB.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.