nissan 8 flooding

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by marl19, Jul 4, 2012.

1. marl19

marl19 New Member

I have a nissan 8 ob. It will start when choked and then dies. when i prime the bulb, gas comes out of the carb. sticky float???

2. Chuck Losness

Chuck Losness Senior Member

I have a nissan 8hp 2 stroke. I have taken my carb apart numerous times. Fuel leaking out is most likely caused by float sticking open. Take the carb apart and clean everything. It is easy and simple to do.

3. marl19

marl19 New Member

do I need a new kit? Or just a good cleaning?

4. Chuck Losness

Chuck Losness Senior Member

Don't need a kit. The gaskets are all reusable. Just clean it. Some of the jets are really small and a sewing needle won't even fit through them. I made a very thin cleaning tool by filing down a paper clip until it would fit through the jet. Just make sure all the passages are clean.

5. kenJ

kenJ Senior Member

Not sure about the 8hp, but the float bowl gasket on my 6hp is very fragile. Careful when you remove the bowl. Pull apart, don't twist.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.