I was told I had to reaply for a US pasport

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Boston, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I recently stumbled onto this news article. I was recently told that I would have to reapply for a US passport because of some BS about my Native American Indian status. I was not however aware that there was a problem with the Iroquois passports which I was planing on applying for. Great, so the world would rather not recognize a sovereign nation who managed to survive the colonization process. what next

yahoo news today
    now I am more determined than ever to get my Iroquois passport rather than renew my US one which they had no right to ask me to reapply for other than that I am a Native American. Whole things sounds strangely fishy to me cause frankly there just aren't that many Haudenosaunee left. My bet is that this is just another trick to try and absorb our nation.
    ___

2. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

Shame to British.. There might be some old documents proving the mutual recognition btw the Brits and the Iroquis. Did British recognize Iroquis as a part of the colonies after the independence? If not it could create a beautiful mess.. You might be subjects of Mary II after all :p
    Keep up.. this is also a matter for could be issued for the Europen Council or as a violation against European Convention on Human Rights http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Convention_on_Human_Rights

3. mark775

mark775 Guest

Sorry, I know it is aggro but...How's your accent, mate?

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If you had a Macedonian or a Roman passport the problem would be the same.

5. Boston

Boston Previous Member

well the Iroquois didn't even recognize the US Canadian border until just a few years ago so its not like there hasn't been any tension in the recent past, I know nothing of the issues of Madedinia or Rome but I feel there pain.

I just think its pretty lame to yank my passport and insist I reapply when I have a spotless record and then I find out they wont recognize my national identification.

just kinda pisses me off as I'm sure it would anyone, hell I don't remember half the information they are looking for anyway so this is going to be a whopping pain in the but

which is why I was just going to get an Iroquois passport cause I have the genealogy to prove my heritage and thats about all I would need, that and it supports the homeland
    B

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If you want to travel to a country that has no diplomatic ties with the country you claim to be a national of, they will probably not let you in. The documents have to come from a country they recognize.

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ya but this is recent, I think something political must have happened that I'm not aware of and the end result is that the Iroquois who had US passports had to reapply for some reason. I know I'm sure a lot less trouble than some of em and now that I read that article I first posted its pretty clear there is some international **** going on that is probably left the Iroquois stuck in the middle

not sure how I want to handle this one but I will be needing a passport this winter so I need to resolve this asap.

8. mark775

mark775 Guest

Bos, Michael Savage has been fighting with the Brits for awhile and just lost the latest round http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jul/15/the-conservative-ban-on-michael-savage/ . They are banning him from England on the grounds that he makes "hate speach". Che Guevara's daughter was recently welcomed to London to celebrate Cuba50 and promote, in her own words: “my father’s ideals, his concerns, and his ambitions... Go ahead and invite murderers and their emissaries (daughters), the *******s with bombs strapped to their kids, forcing their women to wear bhurkas - but ban the guy who says it like it is. The Al Shebab Jihadist gets in the customs speed lane, the Iroquois National is banned. Go figure. The only possible explaination is that the UK is even more upside down than we are.
    Listen, I've got a friend that sells real estate in the Mid-East, he says under no circumstances allow ******* to enter our countries as they will take it from within - I am beginning to believe that with the help of our stupid-*** governments, he is right. (he works for Century Four Real Estate if you are interested)

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I'd last about five seconds in a Muslim country

something about no alcohol and no woman just doesn't sound to appealing

10. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

This is turning into one of those political, hateful diatribes that we should avoid. It is a boat forum.

11. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Deciding how far American Indian sovereignty reaches, and what it covers, is a legitimate and complex issue. It would take a book to cover it properly, not just an internet post.

But I do know that around here, the Indian tribes play both sides of the fence. Their members vote in local, state and federal elections; they participate in Social Security; they use welfare, Medicare and MediCal when they need it; they attend state colleges and universities as California residents; etc., so on and so forth.

But when they're faced with state or federal laws, rules or regulations they don't like (such as minimum wage laws, or non-discrimination laws regarding treatment of women employees), they suddenly remember they're part of a Sovereign Indian Nation.

12. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Does this mean we can deport you?:p

13. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Here's an idea:

Take advantage of the situation and carry both. A passport isn't about pride, it's a ticket to various privileges and entry to various countries. It's a tool, not a badge of honor. You can take all the time you want to feel Iroquois pride/heritage, but don't pass up the chance to have 2 passports!

Get the US passport and keep the Iroquois one valid as well.

Use which ever one is appropriate and gets you the most mileage for a given situation.

That's what the rest of us do with our dual passports.

14. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I used to know a guy who was a world traveler. He had one Canadian parent, one English (or Australian maybe; I don't remember) parent, and was born in the USA. He had three passports, and used whichever was the most convenient one

15. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I kinda like that idea