Info on NAME Masters programs in the US

Discussion in 'Education' started by kruemt, May 3, 2011.

1. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Eric left out the Government. I can't speak for any but the US, but the US government still hires quite a few NAs. I worked with many over my 34 years with the US Coast Guard. And I worked with and met some while working in a shipyard and with another government contractor that managed shipbuilding contracts. But most of these are involved with ships. But when I was in Boating Safety we had two degreed NA's who specialized in boats and yachts, and that's in a staff of 8 so they kind of stoodout. The rest of us had other degrees in related fields. But several of us others had taken the WESTLAWN course.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
    1 person likes this.

2. alanrockwood

alanrockwood Senior Member

Check out Virginia Tech. They have an online masters degree in naval architecture. They call it "ocean engineering" but based on my conversation with the course director I would say the emphasis is more on ship design. According to the person I talked to their online program gives exactly the same training as their on-campus program.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.