Info on Australian boat needed

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Wynand N, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Can anyone help me with information and more importantly, a photo of the "Haines Hunter 16" cabin cruiser boats built in Australia - I believe in the mid eighties.
    I have a cabin cruiser in my shop and I believe it may be one of these boats that somehow ended up here - unfortunately their is no ID on the boat other that I was told by the owner it is a Hunter 16.

2. boat fan

boat fan Senior Member

15 ft version of same boat.
    Haines Hunter 16 ( bottom )

Good handling boats. Highly regarded in OZ. These boats hold their retail value better than most ,( at least here )

A few of the guys here have 560's and swear by them.You won't find an owner with a bad report.

They are a well built boat, with a great hull under them. They handle very well for the size, can be a bit tippy at rest (as you would expect for the ride), and as long as they have been trailered and maintained i'd have no hesitation in buying one.

They can be a bit narrow, and therefore lack space internally. But it all depends on what you want to do with it............BF

. All set up it weighs about 750kg and as such can be towed by a normal family car. Great riding deep vee hull. Very dry too. Two planing strakes on either side of keel provide lift when the boat is underway and deflect spray away from boat. "The result of this combination of vee shape, hull weight, planing strake angle and position, is a level of ride comfort that was unmatched"

( The 2 lines above is from the sales hype , but actually they do ride well )........BF

Hope this helps BF

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.