Info needed on Bolger's "Owlet" design.

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by timgoz, Aug 29, 2006.

1. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Years back I saw a Phil Bolger design called the "Owlet". I am 90% sure that is the designs name. It was an 18 footer sail/row boat built of glassed marine ply.

Water ballested with a centerboard it looked ideal for small boat exploring on the Chesapeeake & ICW, something I am interested in doing.

Does anyone know if these plans can still be had? I've looked on sites with his designs & have not seen it. Originally I saw a small writeup on it in Wooded Boat Magazine.

Thanks for any help you can give.

TGoz

2. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

3. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Thanks Figgy.

I still have that issue "somewhere". I refuse to throw away any written material with knowledge that could prove useful in the future.

Not to mention, after not reading a magazine (or book) for a number of years, it is almost like the first time again. With a classic subject like wooden boats it really is not "dated" in the modern sense.

Take care.

TGoz

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.