Info about PDX Marine Drive?

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by A_Appleyard, Oct 16, 2006.

1. A_Appleyard

A_Appleyard Junior Member

Has anyone got any images or detailed descriptions of the PDX Marine Drive (apart from the small image in http://www.pursuitdynamics.com/marine.php )?

What steering gear tends to be on a boat which has a PDX Marine Drive?

PDX say that this sort of jet drive can be steam-powered: if so, what sort and amount of noise does it make?

Is the jet unit usually mounted outside the hull, or inside with its blast end sticking out of the stern?

2. Nuba

Nuba New Member

3. A_Appleyard

A_Appleyard Junior Member

Thanks. However, my .pdf reader refused to read the images (except for the images of men's faces). The text is only a business annual report, with no text describing the PDX, and likely the PDX image is in the images that my .pdf reader refused to show. Could you possibly send me these PDX images as .JPG?

4. Nuba

Nuba New Member

More PDX

Looking for more . . .

Attached Files:

• PDX.jpg
      PDX.jpg
      File size:
      106.5 KB
      Views:

5. Nuba

Nuba New Member

Reflexions

Looking at this drawing, my thoughts;
    this could replace the interior of a jet drive, add a air-compressor and a steam generator . . .
    steering by thrust vectoring, reverse by bucketing.

or put the complete reactiontube just below the hull, and let iet pivot around the air/steam tube ; High maneuvrebility !

Just thoughts ofcourse (excuse my bad english)

I red somewhere they found a usable steam reactor for recreational boating .

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.