Inflatable Tubes

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by dweymer, Feb 28, 2004.

1. dweymer

dweymer Junior Member

Hello all,

Anyone know where to get hypalon tubes? I want to design and build a composite inflatable, but want to leave the Hypalon to someone who knows it better than I.

Thanks

Don

2. wet-foot

wet-foot Senior Member

I know the location of a couple places in Canada. Importing could be a bit of a pain. Nautica right in Florida will do tubesets for you. They could be a bit pricey though. I am looking for a quality ( affordable ) tube builder too!!!!!

3. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

Try www.Praktek.com. They make inflatable fenders. I bought two a year or so ago for rollers to roll my 12' Alumacraft up on the beach. Sturdy construction and works like a charm. Give them a call, and they may be able to help you.

Eric

4. wet-foot

wet-foot Senior Member

Thanks Eric, but It looks like they build fenders and not inflatable boats. Thinking of more the regular rib shape where the tube raps around the bow area.

5. caribmon

caribmon Junior Member

6. wet-foot

wet-foot Senior Member

Looks like a couple of really good options for tubesets, will get my translator in gear to understand the lingo!!!!! thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.