Quintrex 8.5 meter

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by SnapBowen, Sep 12, 2011.

1. SnapBowen

SnapBowen New Member

Hello everyone,
    Just joined up and I am looking for some one to help me to find out about the boat I have just got.
    It is made in 1990, 6mm alloy Quintrex. I think it must be a custom build as I cannot find anything about it. I was told it holds 350 liters fuel ? 200 liters water. There is a filler on both sides for fuel and one on the deck that says water, but the owner said he used the port filler for water. I will have to pull up the deck to see what is going on in there.
    We steamed from Airlie Beach to Bowen in 20 knots and it performed really good. Very impressed. It has 2 x 175 Evinrudes, 2003 model Bombadiers.
    Looking forward to heading to the reef and catching a few.:)
    Cheers,
    Snap

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

3. m3mm0s rib

m3mm0s rib Senior Member

4. SnapBowen

SnapBowen New Member

Thats her. I think we used around 40-50 liters for 2 hours. I will be filling her up soon and checking out the fuel consumption very soon.
    Are those fuel management / usage systems worth the money ?
    Cheers,
    Snap.

5. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

I forgot they are direct injection engines, so shouldn't be too heavy on the fuel. The test will come when you turn to face that south-easter........as to what sort of a pounding you can expect :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.