Hamilton Jet 213

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by KotorMNE, Mar 28, 2018.

1. KotorMNE

KotorMNE New Member

Hi all.

As English is not my first language, I would like to ask a question and seek for an appropriate answer from more knowledgeable people than my self.

Question is pretty simple...
    What is an "Hand hole O-ring" and were is it located on this type of jet???
    Had some trouble of understanding the meaning of it.

Any photos or drawings are very welcome..Thanks

2. Barry

Barry Senior Member

You should easily find this on the Hamilton site but there is a bolt on inspection plate on the pump to enable a person to clean debris that will not go through the impeller.
    This inspection plate uses the oring to seal the plate to the pump
    Note depending on the water level wrt to the opening of the plate, occasionally
    water will flow into the boat and could possibly sink it if you remove the plate when the boat is in the water
    They make a hand hole extension which bolts to the pump inspection opening and then the original plate bolts to that to gain maybe another 4 inches prox of clearance

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  3. Aston_driver

Aston_driver New Member

I believe the item you are looking at is here upload_2018-11-28_12-41-14.png

And yes, you will need to balast the boat forward to raise the shaftline well above the waterline, and ensure the engine and jet are not operating when you open the inspection port.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.