Industrial Designer wanting to do boat design

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by epicadventures, Aug 13, 2005.

1. epicadventures

epicadventures Junior Member

Hello Forum,
    I am an Industrial Designer, I did my summer internship 7 years ago with a wooden boat designer, I haven't done any boat design since. That was my most enjoyable thing to design and I would like to get back into it. I am very good with 3D modeling and math. Are there any opportunities for someone like me. I am really interested in smaller boats, even kayaks and canoes, but would also like to try my hand at larger boats. I am currently land locked in Central Illinois and can't relocate right now. I do have 3D design software so I could do design work via the internet. Any ideas, projects and advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. JFHammond

JFHammond Junior Member

Hello "epicadventures",

I am in need of someone to help re-design a 1937 Douglas Van Patten boat. It is a 34' Streamliner that we need as a 20 footer or possibly 22. I have the lines but, no table of offsets. Need someone to re-construct the lines through a CAD program so we can get the molds cut and determine engine specs etc.

Let me know if you can help.

Jim

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.