Sticky Tape...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Sean Herron, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

Double sided sticky tape is not good for mounting deck drain covers on the upper decks of a million dollar yacht -

If anyone here has tried this - please raise your hand - YOU - the fat guy at the back - in the comfy chair - did you use sticky tape to build a million dollar yacht ...

hold out your hands mister ...

Are you the same who did not grade the drains to the centerline - does the owner have to purposely roll the yacht to get the standing water to the thru hull - go stand in the corner mister ...

SH.

2. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Wha... what's wrong with double-sided tape for deck drains? I mean, those drains were under an overhang, so they wouldn't be getting wet, I mean, that's what someone would say, but not me, who would glue them down with crazy glue or at least window putty.
    What asses!

3. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

You have got to be kidding me.

You saw this on a real boat? What was holding the shaft struts on, self-tappers and bathtub caulk?

4. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

window putty.....yeah reminds me of the newly weds that got the vasaline and the window putty mixed up.....all their windows fell out.

5. alan white

alan white Senior Member

I know that couple and they don't leak.

6. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

why alan, caulked or screwed?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.