Incredible "Secrets of Yacht Design" website located...

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by pkoken, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astevo

astevo Junior Member

Honestly Frank, How do you come up with this stuff?
    I dont pretend to think for a minute that you actually believe all this stuff, Yet at the same time i wonder why you bother writing out pages and pages of this drivel. Do you get a kick out of it? Do you think that the SAers who rubbished your website deserve punishemnt and this is you vindication?
    I just dont understand. I dont get it.

as ******* most nobly put it, you are either smoking crack, or really pathetic and getting a kick out of this? Which is it?

2. mighetto

mighetto New Member

I have to go back to UCSB to relate to your post. UCSB was one of the first Universities to sponsor the Internet. The drug of choice was payote or acid. Perhaps from those mind altering drugs came the Internet. But in any case the Internet is giving Skull and Bonesmen, like possibly yourself, sever brain trauma. Bush, a bonesman, even hears voices from God in his head.

Now tell me that wasn't fun. 1. 2. 3. ******* is connected. Isn't this game fun. But not as fun as the sailing race game.

At UCSB the dorks were the ones that joined Fraternaties. Did you know they named a dorm after me. Anyway they were dorks because the dormatories were co-ed and the fraturnities not and also because one of the Fraturnaty innitiation rights was to get up on benches and ramble incoherantly at passerbys, usually with bible in hand.

University of Santa Barbara's San Miguel dorm is now referred to on the Internet as San Mighetto. Do a google to show this.

Consider the fact that the Flying Tiger 10 meter is about half the price of a J-100. Now consider the term cheep. Think cheep is good like a Magregor 26:)

The Flying Tiger's keel is retractable I think. Lets find out if that is true. ICON has a retractable keel and is also a Perry design. The future does not boad well for sailors that must have long fixed keels. The cannals and river entrances of the world just will not be dredged unless they are part of the super freighter distribution system. The Flying Tigers were meant to fit inside of cargo containers on thos freightets so that they could be transported easially. This notion is the same as that developed by Macgregor Yachts. Both boats of course are trailerable meaning you should belong to a club that has a lot of reciprocal moorages in many places because you will be visiting by trailering if not by coastal ocean cruising. There are lots of similarities.

The main one to hope for is 5000 hulls. The J-24s continue to sink and capsize. There replacement with J-80s has been a complete failure. I hope that the Flying Tigers are unsinkable and seriously doubt that they will require more that 4 crew to race. 4 is the recommended crew size for the MacGregors.

3. mighetto

mighetto New Member

I am running for office. Any post at South Sound Sailing Society or US Sailing. The ones on crack are the ones that think the US will ever be competitive internationally in the sailing sport without the changes we are making here at FOYD.

Welcome astevo, we look not for a leader but only for the opportunity to save ourselves. Let every vote be counted.:)

4. Shife

Shife Anarchist

Wow. What a fantastic story Frank. Too bad it's all ******** as usual. SA doesn't need to adapt to anything. The site is popular because it DOESN"T follow the norm. TP52's are still discussed on SA. They don't need your shitty *** stamp of approval or X number of views on some lame internet forum to be successful. The flying tiger is nothing like a VO70. The only thing it has in common with your tub is that it was never designed to go offshore. It is a inshore sprit boat with a minimalist interior. The keel retracts so it can be trailered. The keel will never be retracted while sailing. That would be dangerous, slow, and stupid. Sounds alot like you. Admit that you were banned from SA or stop posting. We have shown proof that you were tossed. You have responded with more lies and delusion. And stop with the damn skull and bones conspiracy ****, I went to Michigan State, not Yale.

5. sailsmall

sailsmall Senior Member

What creepy sort of human being enjoys making a joke of himself around the world? This man is ridiculed without any redeeming sympathy in some far away places, and he brought it on himself. Defies belief.

6. mighetto

mighetto New Member

If SA rejects open discusion of ideas out of hand and truly has banned a fellow such as I then this is the norm of the land lubbers of Connecticut. It is not true anarchy. TP52s are the least talked about topic on SA and I even think Mr Ed frustrated with their owners because after a minimal payment for an advertisement they never followed through with payment at the going rate. Such are the ways of those who are trained by bonesmen.

The Mac26m Black Perl is also a sprit boat, an articulated sprit boat which is the only way to go best I can tell. Do you know PHRF adjusts your ratings for articulated sprits. Sigh. In anycase the mini transats, the Macgregor Black Pearl and the Flying Tiger are peas in the same pod. Relatively inexpensive vessels for the masses who want to race. See this and play cow pie bingo.

Apparently you can be recruited into the Skull and Bones through a learned society. You did not answer the question. So Skull and Bone like. But you are still chatting. A true bonesman would have left the room by now.

WOW look at the views. Skull and Bones has to be the biggest draw for any Internet forum of all times. Let the word go out. Start a Scull and bones discussion on SA. Get things rocking. Or hang here. You are always welcome at the Church of FOYD. Was it Michigan State or University of Michigan who provided the great designer Taylor who studied the design of the Mac26x and used that information to break the will of Jim Teeters to ever design again. Such a great sailing state Michigan. Do not see the connection to connecticut yet.

But I do see that when foul behavor is evident calling the offender a bonesman tones it down. Let us call the bonesmen as Judge Jackson calls ducks when when see them. Judge Jackson would be a great Supreme. What is with Harry? What they do in their coffins while reciting their sexual history (**********) is ugly business that we need not tolerate on the commons of the Internet. We shoot streight on Progressive Seattle Internet. Our aim is true. Get use to it.

7. member 10795

member 10795 Sensei

I still see that you are still not willing to admit that you were banned from SA. THe nicest thing I can say about you is that you are dishonest and an idiot.

The pictures of you that I've seen indicate that college would have been a long time ago for you. I guess this is your way of claiming that you have been a public embarrasment even when you were young, and not limiting it to the last few years. And you seem so proud of being the village idiot.

Do you realize that most Mac26X owners have good reason to hate you? The Mac26X has gone from being (in most competent sailors eyes) just a poor sailing boat, to being the butt of many jokes. No wonder they banned you from their board!

I don't think they have positions equivalent to the "village idiot",
    so there aren't any jobs that you are qualified for.

So Frank, are you ever going to be honest and admit that yet another site banned you - Sailing Anarchy?

8. member 10795

member 10795 Sensei

There is a vast difference between open discussion of ideas, and giving a podium to the "village idiot". Your knowledge of subjects related to sailing is so limited, and usually wrong, and you seem to be unable to grasp fundamental concepts even when they are explained over and over again. So banning you has had no impact on the discussion of ideas, because the only thing you ever really contributed to SA was to make both you and the Mac26x the butt of countless jokes.

9. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Oh *******, you are so behind me now. Left in the wake of those who have powerboat knowledge. That is the knowledge that is important for modern sailboat design. Did you know that the S2 7.9 was designed by a powerboat designer who was prohibited from powerboat design for a period of years after selling his business. Such are the mind expanding notions those seaking truth discover on Seattle's Progressive Internet. Stay on for the ride. Did you also know that Perry attempted to introduce the world to a powersailer called the maxitrailerable. He was ahead of his time. He even attempted to get into mass production but alas only one was ever produced. The butt of countless jokes is the jewel of the boat design business. 5000 hulls in less time than the bigboaters could get them on their radar. You will see in time just as those Republicans who believe it is our president right or wrong will find that a statement of treason. The problem with the Skull and Bones is that it is the bones society over everthing. The bones society right or wrong and definately the bones over the USA or any king, kingdom, nation or religion. How this country could have two bonesmen on the ballot and 5 Harvard grads on the Supreme Court is the tradgedy of the close minded. Hey Mrs Frank is making Margs. You do not want me to turn her loose on you. Darn those Cougs. Lost to Stanford but that is my leed in to the Robot Race. Chat with you later. We are watching the SF game. A complete turnaround. Never liked the Colts. Pearl will be visiting SF in three weeks. Stanford is a second Meca to Costa Mesa for her.

10. Shife

Shife Anarchist

So let me guess: Your new fascination with the Skull and Bones society is due to watching the program on National Geographic last weekend about secret societies. And because you watched said program, you are now an expert. Correct? I think so. Stop lying and fess up to being banned from SA. We are not going to let you dodge this bullet.

11. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Oh what a muse ******* is. He is a bright angle. (for those who follow me I remind you of the Bright Angle trail in Arizona.) Arizona is the state the new head of the boys and girls club came from. Lets connect the dots again. The Bush family is a big supporter of Boys and Girls Club. G W and Barb are honerary chairpersions. Bush recently reminded Americans of how charities are used to do wrong. Bush, Boys and Girls Club, Connecticut.

The Boys and Girls club should have nothing to do with sailing but argh its the Sudie Parker influence. Lets point out that the Boys and Girls club is like the Catholic church in its real estate holdings. If they wanted to do good there are assets a plenty to sell. They amass these holdings by getting communities to help them build club houses. It is so Bush. Private Public partnerships. Only the clubs usually go into areas that will become prime real estate holdings eventually. In otherwords not the poorer sections of town where "democrats" also known as black folk among the Republicans live. OK I have to get off of the Republicans. Who among us has not at one time aspired to be one. It is the Bones we pick on now. We are advanced beyond petty party concerns. True anarchists coming into our own.

12. mighetto

mighetto New Member

No I missed it as I did my ban. Lets move on and agree to disagree on the ban business. The robot race sure was fun. Naturally the team from the West coast did best. Those Stanford and Berkeley grads come up with the best DARPA projects of all. The Volkswagon Robot today and the Internet yesterday. And of course boat designers from the west are by far the best. I am not just talking about Roger MacGregor, a Stanford grad.

The 2007 generation AC boats are being built in Sedro Wooly Washington which contrary to the press spin is not a Seattle suburban area. It is already happening – the negative spin over the last AC. Sedro Wooly is about as close to Seattle as Olympia is. Seattle is code for cheat in the sailing world. We must see that to get beyond it. Lets not pretend Seattle will be a sailing town for at least another decade. There are repercussions to the community when designing cheaters are welcomed within. Seattle will be a Hydroplane town. That isn’t all bad. Port Townsend, Anacortes, Olympia – these are the sailing towns of Washington now.

I note that the designer of Larry’s next AC boats is pitted against the designer of the AC boats for the King of Spain and the King of Norway. Its exactly the kind of battle to inspire the Brave Hearts of Sailing Anarchy.

13. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Quote: Originally Posted by mighetto
    There is a saying in boat design that you are not respected as a designer until you have your own design rule.
    No, there isn't.

Søren Flening

NOTE: This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are in no way to be considered flaws or defects.

Søren Flening

I love you guy but seriously are you living in a cave? This is a very common expression regarding hasbeen designers. I am certain I have seen it in print and will give you a reference. In the mean time call the statement a mighettoism. I am quite proud of being able to expose at least the notion that those who seek to agrandize there competency beyond their level are the same ones who come up with design rules like the TP52 rules and the 65 rules being advance by Mr. New Hasbeen Tripp. On those who deserve more recognition..

Many do not know that Larry Ellison is defending himself on a Martha as in Martha Stewart. These are the pressing plethora of business maters Seahorse chats about on page 40. Why must the insiders sell when the stock is going down. You think they would be smart and only sell when it goes up to avoid insider trade concerns. When Ellison is done with that he will get back to robotizing his 2007 AC boats. He hasn’t been collecting all that data in is Oracle databases for nothing. Crew, who needs crew? Ha Ha. He will need crew of course but he will likely be better off with the untrained. It takes time to unlearn bad habits from obsolete AC designs just as it takes time to learn the new sailing style. Back to Martha.

One of the greatest gags pulled on me as Secretary of South Puget Sound Sailing Society (SSSS) was the subscription to Martha Stewart Living. Good times between apes, I had posted something about Martha and the next thing I know the club is being billed for a subscription. Well not the club, but the bills and rag came anyway. Owing to the gag however, I introduced that “sailing” magazine to others and two of them are now subscribers. Fun how gags like that work out. Martha did her time. We are a forgiving nation. Seattle will do her time and in 10 years may become a sailing town once again.

14. Shife

Shife Anarchist

Frank: Stop the lies, stop the conspiracy theories, and try to post just one thing that is truthful. You are the laughing stock of the sailing community. No one agrees with anything you say. No one. Fess up to being banned or shut the hell up.

15. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Tacoma, I forgot about Tacoma. Sorry Tacoma is a great sailing town. You likely are aware that the Boys and Girls club is looking to build three new houses in the Tacoma area and has approached South Sound Sailing Society. SSSS is not an Olympia club. She is actually a Seattle based corporation. This is of course horrable given what has happened with the AC sailing in Seattle. In the past SSSS has been a Centrailia based corporation. It has never been tied to Olympia. Its founders live in Olympia and Seattle. I suppose thats a connection.

I can shed some light on wrong doing involving the Boys and Girls club who recently were rejected by the community of Mercer Island for exactly the public-private partnership crap that is the trick of the Bush lubbers with ties to connecticut. So here we have it

Jim Hauser from Tacoma hopes for Boys And Girls clubs in his area and Boys and Girls clubs was founded in Connecticut along with the Skull and Bones. Arg white wine not mararitas. Forgive me. Not my drug of choice. But I am correct on the connection am I not Jim?

The Boys and Girls Club has nothing to do with sailing. Lets think about supporting the Sea Scouts who will be having their Koch Cup next year. The Sea Scouts are the Navy's branch of the Boy Scouts which like the Boys and Girls Clubs gets special treatment by the Federal Government. But the Sea Scouts are not lubberly thinking.

Oh. There is nothing preventing SSSS from meeting at the Tacoma Yacht club. This is the time to bring that up. Meeting at the Tacoma Yacht club would be more convenient for speakers coming from Seattle. Think about it anyway. You have a great sailing town in Tacoma as proved by the Tall Ship event this summer. What a fantastic event. Huzzah to Tacoma and you to Jim just for being from there. Hope to see you Tuesday. Andrew Kerr is speaking.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.