Incredible "Secrets of Yacht Design" website located...

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by pkoken, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. member 10795

member 10795 Sensei

FEMA failures

FEMA has taken much longer than 2-4 days to react to one disaster - Frank's Mac26x. They should have declared it a disaster and had it removed from the marina it was despoiling. The EPA will now have to get involved in the cleanup effort, and the psychological damage to the other boat owners (and their families and guests) at the marina will take years to repair.

2. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Isn't this Katrina and Rita stuff depressing. A former Red Cross board member and a Mercy Corps representative have me totally depressed about the way things are being handled. This news of shipping ice to Maine under the excuse of hurricane relief just makes me sick. Maine is way north and doesn't need ice. Argh! On a positive note, my man Runte made the cut and is in the run off for mayor of Seattle. Things can be better. He had only $7,000 to the current mayor's $490,000 and will now be able to get his message out. He actually has a chance though a slim one of winning. Just being in the game is amasing. I have always assumed you needed to be a millionaire to be able to run for office in the US. That apparently isn't true in Seattle. It is kind of nice to be able to chat politics from time to time. I was restricted from doing that when posting through Washington State equipment. But I don't intend to do so very often. Do remember that I am a write in candidate for any position at US Sailing or SSSS. It is spelled Frank Mighetto and you must also put a check mark. Lets not see what happened in the San Diego mayors race.

The conference in Batton Rouge is on for 2007. It is just a little thing but I feel like my wife and I have done something for the region's stability. 500 to 1,000 tourists at the conference should translate into disaster relief.

Regarding Gig Harbor. It is true that a 26 footer (not Murrelet) was the start of the fire that distroyed 60 boats. I haven't been couragous enough to visit the harbor since just missing the fire by 3 days. But I do consider it Karma that Murrelet was turned out of the Harbor for lack of room. She could have been toast if she had stayed as I had hoped. We have settled on a 70 hp Suzuki 4 stroke and in the mean time are mounting the dinghy engine. Still hope to race soon. The new sail apparently has been delayed. Women in Black on the 24th. Vaughn Bay isn't happening for us. Do go anyway. Dan Decker appears serious about his duties and deserves support.

I met with the Pardeys last week end. It was a very enjoyable visit and they allowed me to visit their current boat - a 30 footer with no engine what so ever. The boat (not Sarafin) , a custom design with a bath tub, was at Lake Union and I knew that you can not get there without going through the Ballard Locks and that you are not allowed to sail. So naturally I was curious at how the visit to fresh water was done. The Pardeys own a substatial dinghy with an adequate motor. Even the motorless sailboats have motors when they tow a motorized dinghy. They also use liquid ballast in the form of 150 bottles of wine. It was only their third trip to Seattle and I do hope they had a great time. Go Small and Go Now is a great tag line. I had them sign my copy of thier book on storm sailing. However, today it is a smart bet that your vessel will never be in a storm. Even Rita is only moving at 13 MPH. Hence your unfortunate sailboat in the Gulf could avoid the hurricane if she were as fast as Murrelet. That would be under sail or under motor power.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  3. Shife

Shife Anarchist

4. usa2

usa2 Senior Member

they shipped it to maine because they ordered too much of it and were preparing for a storm to possibly hit the eastern seaboard. The ice will be sent back down south after Rita is gone.

5. mighetto

mighetto New Member

6. sailsmall

sailsmall Senior Member

In my opinion these threads bashing Frank have been a little dull lately and I think it's because there remain no more facets of his life that have not been thoroughly trashed and debunked. His ideas about yacht design and engineering have been crushed to the point that Frank himself seldom mentions them anymore. His actual sailing ability has been graphically demonstrated to be close to nil. His professional character has been poked at to an extent that many of us would consider embarrassing. An unspiritted political discussion has recently begun that I predict will die quickly - first because this is a sailing, not political, forum; second because Frank's end of the discussion is already too predictably lame.

I'm guessing that Frank is about to sink into oblivion. What will life be like then?

7. member 10795

member 10795 Sensei

Isn't macgregorsailors.com another site that has banned you from posting?

8. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Chief Steward

Quote: Originally Posted by mighetto
    Thanks 1000 hits on me; 200 on TP52s. Kind of shows you what is important. Better yet is that Bush is using Mac26x for cain relief.

http://macgregorsailors.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4012

Isn't macgregorsailors.com another site that has banned you from posting?

No, I am a chief steward. But you had me going. Ha Ha. Care to discuss the Pearl?

http://bwyachts.com/La%20Perla%20Noir/Pearl%20Home.htm

[​IMG]

There should be a race boat in every production design. This vessel is a standard Mac26m but modified with a bulb keel like a tp52, but retracting, and an articulating bowsprit like a Minitransat. She sports a 70 hp Tohatsu outboard motor. In heavy weather her water ballast is filled.

Crank Boy, Bubba - you are way to interested in HWNSNBS. God is on my side.

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23596

9. mighetto

mighetto New Member

HWNSNBS - He Whoes Name Should Not Be Spoken because speak it thrice and I return like BeatleGuise.

[​IMG]

And the never ending story continues.

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23596

The Church of FOYD is now open. May we honor the memory of Gilligan.

Frank L. Mighetto

10. member 10795

member 10795 Sensei

You could build a Mac 26x out of pure carbon fiber, but it would still be a poor sailing boat. Materials cannot overcome a poor hull shape and design concept. The Mac 26x is a compromise design that sadly does nothing well, so it only pleases the sailor whose expectations of sailing performance is set sufficiently low. Or whose sailing ability is low.

11. Vega

Vega Senior Member

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

12. Shife

Shife Anarchist

So let me get this straight. You're proud of the fact that you're the laughing stock of several forums that have long since kicked you out? Good luck on returning to SA. While you continue to deny it. You know you were booted. As you should be from this site as well.

Editor
    Posted: Jul 15 2005, 05:38 AM
    Report PostQuote Post

Anarchist

Group: Admin
    Member No.: 5

QUOTE (Recidivist @ Jul 14 2005, 09:09 PM)
    AlanH walked, but Scot may have slammed the door behind him.

Alan went home to his mommy, but the door was not locked behind him. I found him annoying but not worthy of a ban. Mighetto or whatever the **** his name was/is was indeed kicked out.

--------------------
    Rough around the edges, rude and lacks common editorial sense.

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20764&hl=kicked+out

13. mighetto

mighetto New Member

I am still a member in good standing according to

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/forums/index.php?act=Members

Of course I stand by what I post. It is easy to verify the truth. Do you? Type mighetto three times on a Sailing Anarchy forum. See what happens. Try it on Tripp Gal read

I promise I do not have anyone's testicles in storage, including Scot's. While I'm sure that all the gentlemen here have a nice matched pair, I've never had the desire to collect them (singles or pairs). If I ever find anyone's I will be happy to mail them back to the owner so long as a name and return address are included with/on them.

Then remember she actually called the police on me and attempted to get me fired. So Bush; So Republican; So Lubberly. Pitty me but be very affraid of her. She should not be a PHRF rater. She scares countless from PHRF races and will continue to do so until others like me speak out. You know what she said about the Cone. http://magic-cone.com/animation1.htm is hers. Get Smart in memory of 86 who passed today. The cone made fools of the big boats and their designers. Now lets chat J100s and Mac26ms

14. 101

101 Junior Member

Why don't you go and post again at SA? I don't think you can . . . do you? :p

15. mighetto

mighetto New Member

We play a race game. Unfortunately the race game has produced sailboat designs that only the most profesional can make seaworthy. If you want me to try posting on SA create a post with my name Mighetto, times three in it. Note that Hindgrinder has a daughter and complained to the SA board of directors about the nudity on SA. This is a site that must come around for it to be relevant in the future. But lets get back to me :) and the cone.

On 4 August 2005 my website had 230,000 hits for a year period and I was introduced by talk show hosts during a broadcast at Air America to a book called the Selling of Sickness. This is a book about markIeting drugs but it was clear that the same marketing applies to sail boats. And of course sailing is a drug for many of us:)

Public Relations firms on the east-is-the-least for sailors coast of the US had figured out that while most countries do not allow direct marketing of drugs to consumers, you are allowed to market sickness. If enough folks can be convinced that they or their loved ones are sick or that the sickness is so serious that it should be avoided at high cost then consumers will eventually find the drug you want them to purchase either through a health care professional, the web, or other media. The author of the book Selling of Sickness, stated in his interview, which Aired on 7 August 2005 on AM1090 before 8 AM, that once a "sick" marketing campaign is tested out in the US, it is then rolled out in other countries.

This technique may have been learned from the marketing of sailboats. It only works if most of the media can be controlled, meaning those with opposing viewpoints are silenced by bullying, payoff, web site hacking, or legal threats. (sound familiar; it is so Tripp Gal)

Common Sense III demonstrates that this game was being played in the sailboat design field in the 1940s, and we see from the transpac in 2005 and attacks on me and if I am not posting others, that it is still being played. The Cone of Silence has been lifted. If Agent 86 were still living he would yell huzzah.

An entire generation in the US has come to believe that a bigger sailboat with a heavy keel is a safer sailboat. Nothing is further from the truth given the fact that smaller sailboats can be designed that do not sink - even after being swamped - and are able to avoid hazardous conditions, unlike larger vessels, because they are so fast, have more usable harbors, and their small size makes them more like the life boats thoes in larger vessels carry which handle sever seas better than larger vessels by bobbing over breaking waves rather than crashing through them. It may take many more years but eventually the notion that small boats are safer boats will become common sense. Common Sense III was a 28 footer. Cone of Silence is just over 30 foot. She had to be over 30 foot owing to race rules implemented after Common Sense III's race in the 1940s. It is an example of the selling of sickness. Capsize is not a sickness that it should be avoided at high cost; weight that sinks the vessel is.

The cone of silence on sailboat design was lifted by the Internet. Tripp Gal and her big boat wards of the sailing clubs are never going to recover. We can yet save you, crank boy, and others and see the rise of the American sailor. Tripp Gal and her kind hate US Sailing for what they are doing which is supporting the smaller designs and abandoning the big boats. But this is the correct course. If you seriously disagree lets chat more.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.