Incredible design, the oviparouswoolmilkpig ?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by apex1, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Tcubed

Tcubed Boat Designer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjJYzJLmU1A&feature=related

Watch 1:14 0n to 1:30.

What could possibly be the point of that?

Could anyone help me understand how to embed a video in the post?

The utube button does not seem to work.

By the way , Alex, your thread title is absolutely hilarious. Good to have a a few dashes of humour.

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

Who is Alex...................?:confused:

I unfortunately cannot watch utube.......... censored in Turkey!!!

Regards
    Richard

3. confused

confused New Member

That boat looks like something from star wars. Seriously!

4. Tcubed

Tcubed Boat Designer

Alex there exist software to get around those type of oppressive restrictions. Look into it.

5. apex1

apex1 Guest

Again: who is Alex ??????..........................

6. Tcubed

Tcubed Boat Designer

Sorry i meant Apex.

I apologize.

7. apex1

apex1 Guest

You mean the above compliment was for me?......................for ME?:D :) :cool: cool:cool:
    Nice to notice btw that at least you understood, I was not going to promote those phantasies.

Regards
    Richard

8. Luckless

Luckless Senior Member

I'm assuming the retracting of the drive pods is for docking, but I'm not sure on the use of bringing them so far out from the boat to begin with. I can't think of a reason why it would be more efficient to have them so far out to begin with, but still decent work on the animations.

But I don't really see a point in actually building it, too many issues with the design to actually work well.

9. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The next generation of "Flopper Stoppers". I don't think the comments have been that harsh, considering the absurdity of the design. How heavy are those panels to require such an appendage.

10. apex1

apex1 Guest

Do´nt hesitate to be harsh mates, I would like to hear more critical statements.
    The guy is celebrated in Turkey for his "very intelligent, trend setting ideas"!
    It would be a festival (with torchlight procession) for me to forward your comments.

Regards
    Richard
    the nasty

11. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Those cutouts in the bow aren't headlights, they're proton torpedo launchers so you can shoot down the Death Star when Darth Vader comes to pay you a visit.

A quick guess from the size of the people puts the keel bulb at about ten to twenty cubic metres. How big a boat carries a 100-200 tonne lead bulb?

Somehow I don't think I'd want to be in the aft greenhouse in a following sea.

I'll tell ya this though- the foredeck is a personal injury lawyer's dream!

12. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

If the guy who designed that thing stumbles upon this thread, he'll get a heart attack!
    :D

13. apex1

apex1 Guest

I can easily forward this thread link to him!.....but let me wait until the comment with the final axe swung through!:p

14. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

Difficulty to judge without knowing what the aim's of the design have been, I mean anything else but showoff which is obviously the main criteria..
    If the intention is to provide a high visibility platform for new (commercial?) concepts and machinery etc then it's hit..

15. apex1

apex1 Guest

Teddy
    one claim in the leaflet is: ........received a first price for the most innovative boat design......
    at least one innovation I found, I havent seen such a huge LED before. And it must be a LED, shown in one of the renderings, what else would function with such a low power installation.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.