Inclining Experiment....

Discussion in 'Stability' started by Sunny.K, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Joakim

Joakim Senior Member

My Inclinometer including software costs 1000 euros + delivery + local taxes/customs (see post #19).

I haven't yet checked other countries, but here in Finland no approval of the inclinometer is required. It is the responsibility of the measurer to use adequate tools. Here inclinometers can replace 2 out of 3 pendulums for the official measurements.

Can you tell me more details about the approval procedure in different countries?

Joakim

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Joakim

As JV16 noted, if you are doing an inc.expt to Class/Flag all equipment must be calibrated and certified.

Are you performing inc.expt's which are not to Class?

€1000...wooahhh..makes a bucket of oil and string seem cheap...oh wait, it is!

3. JV16

JV16 JV16

Hi Joakim,
    Price noted. I'm from Singapore and I used to work as a surveyor. Rather than approaching flag states, I think it will be easier if you approach class socities for type approval. You can approach one of them, get the approval and then try to get the approval from the others. Here only pendulums and U tubes are permitted for inclining tests.

Good luck

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.