Inboard to outboard conversion

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by James Francis, Sep 16, 2004.

1. ianper

ianper Junior Member

Hi. I've been told that some boats don't plane after they are converted from a stern drive to outboards. I would like to confirm that my boat will infact be able to plane before i plan any conversion. Would anyone be able to help me find out?. Is a campion 245 victoria (25 foot) sterndrive with a 5.8 volvo penta sx sterndrive sports cruiser. It now goes at around 35-40 knots at full speed. Just considered the price. Will have to go with a pair of 150HP 2 strokes.

2. topwater

topwater Junior Member

Mr. Ianper,
    I dont know where you got the information but it doesnt really make sense to me that a boat wouldn't plane after the conversion. The hull hasn't been modified and you have enough power although I'd go for 200's or at least 175-185 HP. I... .dunno.
    I seen many conversions and have provided brackets for several. Never saw anthing but an improvement in performance, among other things. Again, Armstrong would probably be the authority to answer your question.