Inboard Pickle Fork or Hydro design plans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by mmorrison, May 2, 2011.

1. mmorrison

mmorrison New Member

Hey guys,

I am wanting to build an Inboard 15-18 foot Pickle Fork/Hydro boat this summer with my father. I have looked everywhere for design plans and the only set of plans I have found is at Glen-L for a 10 foot pickle fork design.
    I also have a 2000 yamaha jet ski that I never use anymore and I wanted to use its 80hp engine for this new project. Could anyone help me fine design plans for a 15-18 foot pickle fork/hydro boat?

I would truly appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Matthew

2. Bruce46

Bruce46 Junior Member

Jet ski power plants do not work on hydros. As for building a hydro, look for a proven design. If the hydro isn't built/designed correctly you could get killed.
    CarK craft and Glen L have proven plans for hydros that will be fast enough to give you a thrill. Outboards work much better for small hydros and are much easier to rig. Good luck.

3. fng

fng Junior Member

saw this a while back

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.