inboard/outboard to outboard

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by fishboy, Sep 20, 2005.

1. fishboy

fishboy New Member

me and my father have a 33 foot excaliber center console that we r totally rebuilding and it has twin volvo inboard outboard gas engines and we want to put twin yamaha 250 outboards on the boat on a engine bracket how would i go about fiberglassing in the holes where the i/o drive come through the transome
    email me or reply on this page would be really appreciated

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

That's not exactly an easy thing to do. The stress on the transom when pounding through high seas on plane is absolutely horrendous. First step is to analyze the current transom- what resins and fibres are used, how many layers, the core structure, existing damage, etc. Only then can you consider your options.

3. jimslade

jimslade Senior Member

You have to replace the complete transom on the inside. I would'nt do it. Inboards are a better setup on this type of boat. Don't try and patch you will regret it