Amphibious JetSki

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by JINLEE, Apr 8, 2014.

1. JINLEE

JINLEE Junior Member

I recently have seen that GIBBs QuadSKi crafts are successfully launched in the markets.

It is mixture of ATV and JetSkied craft and can be seen from

http://www.gibbssports.com/quadski

We run a boat developing company in the South Korea and would like to see if someone has similar concepts or ideas in fast speed (mixture of ATV and QuadSki) amphibious JetSki avoiding Gibbs patents.

I found a few companies tried to develop the craft like that but they all stopped process for some reason (financial budgets etc.,)

We are very interested in investments to those parties who are in this industry.

Any parties interested in talking with us, please have you proposal sent to

janescicompany@gmail.com

Thanks.

2. kerosene

kerosene Senior Member

Looks cooler than I expected. But 650kg and 1300cc 4-cyl engine must set some price and other challenges. It cannot be a cheap toy with those specs.
    Corrosion must be a problem too

3. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

US ??

interested in investments ??

supposedly a "US$1 Million - US$2.5 Million " turnover
    http://kr1015122432.fm.alibaba.com/

using a Gmail account ?

Something seems strange.

4. Squidly-Diddly

Squidly-Diddly Senior Member

Here is a thread I started on motorcycle/jetski idea.

Basically a jetski with inline motorcycle config wheels.

Click my gallery for rough sketch of the concept.

Others, in particular "Yipster" had an idea for a large tyred "TrailBreaker" style bike that would plane on the tyers.

Also bounced around was adding moped/scooter sized motor to twin hulled plastic kayak(Wave Walker).

I'm favoring motorcycle/jetski because I think it would be 'cooler', and lighter, and someone has already done the quad thingy.

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/how-about-combo-pwc-motorcycle-39668.html

Yes, I think there is definitely a market for lower cost, lighter, simpler 'personal amphibian', more slanted towards seaworthiness. Under 500cc engine.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014

5. cluttonfred

cluttonfred Junior Member

Why not go whole hog and come up with a modern M29C Water Weasel?

Quite seriously, a little amphibious scooter/dinghy combination that would legally be a scooter on land (or better yet a moped for minimum regulation) and a boat in the water might actually appeal to folks stuck without ground transportation once ashore.

Perhaps a conversion kit that would allow an ordinary scooter or moped to drop in to hull to do double duty?

Cheers,

Matthew

Hmmm...YouTube video is not displaying...anyone know why?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.