Positive Floatation, Offset Engine Bracket

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by Jarek, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Jarek

Jarek Junior Member

For those interested in repowering from an outdrive to an outboard, or those who want to gain more room in the cockpit, I offer fully customizable outboard engine bracket design package. You can build the bracket yourself or take the drawings to your nearest aluminum fabricator. I believe this is a better option than buying a ready made bracket from a company, say, in Florida, if you live in Seattle. Not to mention the hassle of sending it back if there is a problem.
    Brackets can be customized to any boat and any engine(s) configuration.
    The complete design package, customized to you boat costs only $350 Canadian Dollars. I believe, even taking the design package to your local aluminum fabricator, it is possible to have a complete bracket for around $2,000 - painted. Obviously it will be much cheaper to do it yourself, if you are able to weld aluminum.
    The bracket is meant to be built of marine grade aluminum. This is considerably less expensive than fibreglass and much more durable.
    It is designed to be simple to assemble, you only need to know how to weld aluminum.
    It comes in two versions: weld-on for aluminum boats, or bolt-on for any material hulls.

I have developped and tried the bracket concept on my Tuna line of aluminum boats, with very positive results.
    For more information go to my website or email me at: jarek@conradyachts.com

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.