In over my head!

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by willin2sea, Jul 31, 2008.

1. willin2sea

willin2sea Barnagat Bill

As a new member, let me say that I look forward to sharing my experiences in the restoration of boats albeit, limited.
    I purchased a 36' Albin Trawler last fall as a "project boat". Her flybridge teak decking had been neglected for several years and as a result, destroyed the balsa core of the cabin-top, the supporting arches, and the port and starboard mahogany paneling. In short, I am in over my head. Can anyone help me locate a shipwright that is able to do the necessary work? As the beam on this vessel is 13', trailering is not a viable option so I need a water-access shipyard accessable by the Erie Canal, Lake Ontario or Lake Erie.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.