maxsurf - workshop Trimming

Discussion in 'Software' started by RThompson, May 11, 2007.

1. RThompson

RThompson Senior Member

Hi there,

I am very new with maxsurf/workshop.

So I'v trimmed a surface in maxsurf and opened the design in workshop. when I develope a plate the trim is ignored.
    The workshop training manual has a few words to say about it but i am none the wiser.
    ie "... turn on trimming and intersection lines and check that the model has been trimmed correctly."

i assume "turn on trimming" means make trim 'invisible' through the display menu?

I'v ticked 'intersection lines' in 'contours'

how do i check the model has been trimmed correctly?

Any other suggestions to develope a trimmed surface?

thanks,
    Rob

2. RThompson

RThompson Senior Member

so heres the answer

the plate can be developed by defining its edges using various contour lines that must be turned on through 'display' (intersections, edges, sections etc), and thus the developed plate will be the re

3. RThompson

RThompson Senior Member

so heres the answers

a plate can be developed by defining its edges using various contour lines that are turned on via the 'display' menu (intersections, edges, sections etc), and thus the developed plate is the shape required.

-pressing the shift button select the contour lines in order : aft fwd outboard inboard, and then goto the plate menu and select 'add a plate'.

Another way is to develope a surface with contour lines turned on then edit the shape of the surface in a drafting program using the contour lines.

Rob

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.