Important Disclaimer: Safety comes first

Discussion in 'DIY Marinizing' started by Jeff, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

This forum provides a place to discuss conversion of engines for marine use.

It is very important that safety MUST come first.

ELECTRICAL AND FUEL SYSTEMS MUST BE CERTIFIED AND LEGAL FOR MARINE USE
    Never use automotive fuel or electrical components that could leak, overflow, discharge, or spark in a boat causing explosion or fire.

A forum such as this one is often helpful for sharing ideas, tips, and sources for parts and information, but a forum is not a substitute for professional advice from a mechanic or technician who can see and verify the actual parts and situation being discussed. Always consult directly with a marine professional regarding fuel and electrical systems and regarding any items that you are not knowledgeable about and skilled and experienced at installing that could potentially cause a safety issue.

THE OWNERS AND OPERATORS OF THIS WEBSITE AND FORUM, AS WELL AS FORUM MEMBERS EXPRESSING THEIR OPINIONS ON THIS FORUM CAN NOT AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR YOUR SAFETY OR LOSS.

2. Dutch Peter

Dutch Peter Senior Member

I'd say that goes for any advice, on construction, stability etc. etc.

Dutch Peter

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Thanks for the notice. I also promote safety as much as possible.

4. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

I'm with Dutch Peter Jeff

You should probably have a disclaimer in the boat design section stating that extreme boats may not perform as expected when the sea rises.

5. Mike, I can almost bet they won't. Ask the US Coast Guard how many sink due to crew error or structure failure. Rich

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.