Help w/ engine recomendations

Discussion in 'Diesel Engines' started by Jping102, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Jping102

Jping102 New Member

I am looking to purchase a 23 to 25 ft flybridge fishing/cruising vessel. I have plenty to choose from as I live in Portland Oregon. Since I don't know much about engines, I am thinking about buying an older ship that needs a repower so I can have something new or reliably rebuilt installed.

I want to go diesel! Since most all of these that I am looking at are gas motors, what diesel motor should I use to replace with? Also, does anyone have a guess as to what kind of funds I should set aside for this part of the project?

All advice / comments appreciated.

2. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

guess as to what kind of funds I should set aside for this part of the project?

Because of the labor cost involved it will be LOADS cheaper to get a good running gas boat and use the $10,000 to $20,000 saved for gas purchases.

FF

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.